You can order directly from japan
    The Toyota Alphard Hybrid Van:
    http://www.batfa.com/new_car_toyota_alphard_hybrid.htm
    It is right hand drive though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hybrid Minivan US Availability?

Can someone tell me where this website gets the information in the "Cars" section? I have googled as well as searched the Toyota website and see absolutely nothing about a Sienna hybrid in the works. Only on this site.

Our Honda Accord is 8 years old - I figure if I start planning now, PERHAP we can afford one in 2 years.
    I'm not into car payments, and can't for the life of me figure out who is able to afford cars approaching 40K! But I figure as every year passes, fuel will only be going up.

Anyway, about the Sienna - where is that info coming from?

We need a minivan now. (Three growing kids and the backseat of the Explorer is getting small.) We've decided we are going to lease an Odessy or Quest hoping that by the time the lease ends there will be a hybrid minivan on the market. With gasoline quickly approaching $3 per gallon its making more and more sense.

Too bad the short sighted Detroit automakers and D.C. politicians still don't realize (or are so slow in realizing) that a Hummer or Suburban isn't the answer for the average American family.

2006 and no hybrid minivan insight!
    I have a two cars from the early 90s and desperately want a hybrid minivan for my growing family. I put 100 miles on my car every day!

Willing to wait for a hybrid minivan and let my two existing cars fall apart on the road. Hope its soon...

I am a single guy, not one to buy a mini-van or a hybrid, for that matter. I am just a car enthusiat and I check-out cars for fun.
    For work, I spent most of my time in Asia between Japan, Singapore, Thailand, and Hong Kong. In Asia, that Toyota Alphard is everywhere and caught my eye a long time ago. Let me tell you, the Alphard Hybrid is a beauty. It's definitely bigger than the Sienna. I think it's about right-sized for the American market. It's also ultra-luxurious (I'm talking Lexus class). For the life of me I cannot understand why Toyota has so far made no plans to export it to the USA. I am sure many in the US would snatch it up.
    The only reason I can think of is maybe if Toyota sells the Alphard in US, GM and Ford will be left in the dust. Maybe this will bring Congress into a wave of protectionism.

Why can't GM and Ford just make better cars and lead with technology???

I would love a Hybrid Minivan. I went from a Sienna to a Prius to save on my gas bill. I was driving 90 miles a day. I love the Prius and the gas savings. However I really really really miss the size and space of my minivan and have considered trading up if they would come out with it in Hybrid.

To the poster who commented on how the $3500 extra for a hybrid took about 15 year to make up in gas.... I have one comment I received a $3000 tax break because I bought the car. hmmm. I think that about made up for it in 1 year. So there is always that incentive.

I had a Prius but had to trade it in when when our family grew from just 2 dogs to dogs + babies. I miss the Prius, but I also love my Mazda MPV with the power doors on both sides. What I really want is a hybrid minivan WITH POWER DOORS!

Please,I am lso waiting for this Toyota Sienna Hybrid.I do love the comfort of a minivan,and it will be an added bonus to be able to save on gas too.!!Please Japanese - Toyota Big Kahunas
    ake the minivans hybrid available to US!!!

I'm writing from Bermuda,we have the toyota alphard here ,but can't get the alphard hybrid yet.At $6:50 a gallon of fuel here Toyota needs to let off that sporty hybrid van to the rest of the world.I'm waiting in vain for it.We drive on the left any way.

There must be a conspiracy here. Judging from this huge list, there is obviously a demand for hybrid minivans in North America; I'd also buy one in a minute. The only thing is that with Toyota and Honda selling every minivan they make, they really have no business motivation for making them. It would seem obvious that Ford or GM with no one wanting their lukewarm offerings except at breathtaking discounts should take the lead so why aren't they? Yes, Ford and GM I'd buy one off of you, just to make a statement!