+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

compressed air car

JD, if you know how to build one, go ahead and build one. You've had a year and a half since the last time you told us about this bogus perpetual motion concept. What have you done since March 2005? What have you actually built? What do you have to show us?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

compressed air car

LET ME KNOW HOW TO GET IN TUCH WITH YOU AND I WILL TELL YOU EVERYTHING

compressed air car

JD: Tell me everything - paul@hybridcars.com

compressed air car

Just for the record, JD hasn't replied to me yet. Possibly his spell-checker stalled...

compressed air car

Would you every trust someone who thinks attaching alternators to the wheels will generate more power than what is being used?! I drive an EV and hear this all the time and have to go through high-school-level physics to wrap these dummies heads around it: you can only spin an alternator when *it's not under load*! Similar lack of knowledge of energy conservation (remember Newton?) and how much you can get from a few tanks of compressed air has people who also ignore how much energy needs to be used just to compress that air. No wonder just about every other country has smarter students - their elementary school kids can out-think most of our adults!

compressed air car

This is for jd. This is the best idea that has come down the pike yet! I have been interested since I heard an interview on KDKA radio in the 70's.
    Any info you could give me would be greatly apriciated. DG

compressed air car

yes using alternators on braking is an old concept,chrysler used it on on jeep yj,s in the 70,s i belieive,ford and gm were also experimenting around the same time. the big obstacle is still it takes energy to make energy,unless you can produce more than you are using its useless. There are certain conditions like braking or backdraft windtunnel effect were you can utilize wasted energy to your advantage,it does help but is not earthshattering . Strangly enough a lot of inventions were not discovered by big name scientific minds but an ordenary joe tinkering in his shop,its just the big names that took the credit,so keep on trying and ignore the critics,they are the ones that give you the drive to carry on because they couldn't invent anything anyway. Frank M.

compressed air car

Its interesting... I also believe the goverment and oil company's control a large portion of why we do not see more build up of idea's like this. You would surely think with all the brains out there and the funding if were available they could come up with something this day in age that would make oil completly obsolete. It just comes down to money... If you told everyone in the world that they had a year to stop using gas cars and come up with a better way or the world would say... blow up then you must surely believe they would take on the task and complete it. The PROBLEM is money and who controls it and the idea of time. Few people care about a problem that will surely not effect their life time, so as long as they escape this world before any major problem would arise they feel fine to do as they have always done. So unless somebody incredibly rich or people unite to ever fix the problem it will never be fixed until it is to late or things become incredibly bad to the point of no repair for our planet.
    A final thought... Momentum could be used as a source of power. I'm not incredibly smart but I can put some theory into it. Why could the wheels of a car which are already being forced to spin not become some form of a power source such as a turbine to produce a power for the car. Why cant it be one big circle of power. The wheels spin which produces the power needed to project the car forwards? You would surely still need a battle ground of batteries to help out. Though i'm not completly sure of the ins and outs of it all. It seems plossible that this could help some of the potential problems of were the energy comes from with out distorting the power of accelerating the car if the correct technology was used.

compressed air car

JSM: Momentum _is_ used as a source of power - that's one of the ways the Prius and Honda Civic Hybrids and other hybrids re-charge their batteries: It's called regenerative braking.

But one of the things that you and JD and some others here don't seem to understand is that you can't get something for nothing. It takes energy to get a car up to speed, and you can recover _some_ of that energy when you slow a car down. But you can't recover _all_ of the energy that it took to get the car up to speed, and you certainly can't get _more_ energy out of slowing a car down than it took to get it up to speed. It's against the law.

compressed air car

It's been over a month, and JD still hasn't gotten back to me. (see above)