+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

compressed air car

i want to convert a disele engine into a air hybrid car engine how i can do this

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

compressed air car

This is all very interesting, but you are all quite mad, mad I tell you. We will all soon be dead due to global climate change, so inventing your little "air cars" will not serve you much purpose. Why not forget about it and just get on with your pathetic little lives, working and slaving for the benevolent multi-national corporations that so kindly provide you with the means to afford to buy a nice car and the petrol to go in it. Forget about fruitlessly trying to "think outside the square". That is for weirdos and creeps. Get back to work you lot.

Oh, and there is an Australian company who will release a production run compressed air car late next year. 3 carbon-firbe tanks, purpose built high-strength aluminium chassis and engine, 200klm range, 80kph top speed, 1 hour to refill by plugging into any power socket for about $2 worth of electricity. They are also working on a hybrid which will do 4000klms on one refill and travel at 100kph+. Damn fools.

compressed air car

Well i'm not really qualified to say this but can't you combine hydrogen power and compressed gas power. You could compress the hydrogen to a high pressure then use it to power a compressed gas engine, then you could take the now uncompressed hydrogen and use it to power a internal combustion engine.

If you want to get hydrogen from water at home can't you make a hydrogen generator, you could get a cistern from a toilet so that the water level was always the same and then put two electrodes in it, if you then got a plastic beaker and put it over the electrode which the hydrogen gas comes of upside down you could then drill a hole in the bottem of the beaker. Next you could get some tubing that fits snuggly into the drilled hole and feed it to a compressor and then put a float switch inside the beaker so that the compressor turned on and off when neccisary.

If you wanted you could then power it using solar power, wind etc. . You may even get power to the elctrodes from a solar panel or wid turbine then power the commpressor off a simple mechanicle turbine instead of kinetic to electrical to kinetic energy it would simply be kinetic to kinetic energy. though you would then have to put of some sort of electronic clutch between the turbine and the compressor then connect that to the float switch.

probably not explained it well at all but i hope you get the basic idea.

What i want to know is:

1) Does the same quantity of hydrogen take up the same space as the same quantity of air at the same pressure?

2) Will it acctually work?

3) If parts don't work which one's and why?

compressed air car

1. anything that can be plugged into a three pronged electrical outlet can be plugged into a cigarette lighter or other device that could at the same time be generating power for multiple batteries in series, thereby generating heat through devices (i.e. Coils) to reheat the air for recharging the air canister.
    2. Revolving canisters that provide thrust while 2 actually work. 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 etc. would stay in a state of recharging. One set drains its supply rotates the next pair in, the drained set goes into stasis to recharge, the more canisters the better the longevity of the power source, and not necessarily weight or size with all sorts of new combination metals out there and methods to build them. Simple air canisters with a trust valve which could easily become the refill regulators. It should work. Simple and easy to use. Somebody try it with more expertise than me

compressed air car

Respected Sir,
    I am a student Of Mechanical Engineering.I am very much interested in this topic.I want to make a paper presentation on it.
    Will you please help me by sending some information on its working.

Thanking you.

compressed air car

hello,i need some information about compressed air car.

compressed air car

I heard somewhere that Mr.Negre got put in jail for something.I do know that if the french want to snub the world over this french bashing they could produce the car.I also heard that MDI made a aircar that got 37 miles on a full tank?So it is feasable?

compressed air car

this is suresh.c.i am a student of mechanical engineering.i wanted to take up the compressed air engine as my project.can u please help me more information.

compressed air car

one major drawback of a pneumatic engine is that are compressors and pneumatic engines are highly ineeficient, when your compressing the air, you produce heat, that is energy lost, etc. The car may run cleanly but it is actually less efficent than many gas powered cars, except it is using energy from another location, so it would actually produce more pollution, just in a different place.

compressed air car

If you could say that it the hybrid car was patented on one day, what would that day be? And what do you think about Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars?