+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

compressed air car

Well seems like an almost feasable idea to me, the energy going in is the power that makes the compressor run then it's all potential energy until it's run through the turbine axels or whatever. or it could be a pumped circut where the compressed air would be pumped past the contact points causing the wheels to turn, then it would be diverted back into the tank or to power a small compressor. This idea could be used well with hydrogen, the hydrogen would run a compressor while the air would run the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

compressed air car

In Regards to JD's Air Car design, I have a friend in Mexico that converted his Gas Car into a Air car as well. He drove it from San Luis Potosi mexico to Laredo, Mexico. My brother and myself saw it and we were amazed. The air exhaust is clean and cold. He uses that cold air for cool air inside the vehicle. He added a small air compressor to the side of the engine where his Air Conditioning unit used to be. That is where he mounted a wheel driven air compressor. I believe it was from a late 1970's Volvo. He just simply made a bracket to mount it and be powered by the belt that used to run on the air compressor. The air compressor puts the air back into the 2 air tanks. He does use air input pressure regulators so that the air does not go in so quickly, but the tanks remain filled, even at high rates of speed. His car has no fuel tank or fuel gages or anything that has to do with the fuel system. No spark plugs. No coil or distributor cap or rotor. No AC. He took out the radiator and radiator water and coolant. He left the Transmission system in place and left the electrical fan in place as well for his transmission system. The Alternator works fine. His headlights work and everything. He drove this thing close to 500 miles and made it back to San Luis without any problems. One pointer: I noticed he installed a small fuel filter to keep moisture residue from entering his air tanks. Sometimes, when you use air compressors in gas stations, you will see water deposits coming out. In mexico these water deposits are not clean. sometimes they are brown or dark grey in clarity. Sometimes these deposits will rust out the inside of the tanks. I was impressed by it and I am looking forward to making one of my own. By the way, his car was a 4 cylinder Datsun. Early 90's model. There will be many naysayers out there that will not believe that this is possible, but it is. My father in law used to work in a air base and ran many air powered engines that were used to keep pneumatic tools running. Kept them running at 60 psi and the size of the pistons were about 12 inches in diameter. enormus engines. How is that possible??? Go figure people. Ever wonder how steam powered trains ever got to move tons and tons and tons of material. Well, before the steam powered trains were ever made... there were the 'Nay-Sayers". Never thought we would ever go to the moon either. There were also the nay-sayers. Now wev'e been to Mars. What do you think?? I think we can get there more effectively using a compressed air engine.... from the moon.

ACG

compressed air car

Space is a vaacum. Explain that.

compressed air car

You know that big tank NASA uses on the Space Shuttle Liftoffs? We can use one of those. Or two. Heavy items in space are weightless... so there is no need to doubt that heavy objects can't be moved in space with something as simple as a small air tank or held by your very own hands.

compressed air car

What are you talking about we never did go to the moon???

compressed air car

Mr. Smog: There is an amusingly ignorant conspiracy theory that the United States moon landings didn't actually happen - they were all Hollywood special effects, filmed right here on the earth (which all right-thinking people know is flat).

compressed air car

Just a note. There are now 10,000 psi carbon tanks for sale that can charge in 4 minuets and do so often often with a life of 20 years. I don't see why they dont start making gocarts and golf-carts to get people interested in the idea. A 10,000 psi scba tank (special order from sci) would push a golf-cart a very long ways! I supect further than a set of batteries and I dont see batteries lasting 20 years.

Also, 80 percent of the energy put into compression could can be recovered as heat by injecting water mist into an upsidedown compressor just before the compression. The water absorbs all the heat. That hot water could then be used for homes or business as preheat water and save that much more power that would have to be taken from natural gas heaters or electric. Even neater would be to run a super efficient stirling engine to generate electricity form that heat. In a perfect world it could be done in a month or two, but money is all that really matters to anyone..

compressed air car

Hi A C G I would like to learn more about your friend's car if I could ? Sounds like a good idea Thanks Wayne

compressed air car

Hi I'm tom Wilson, i would like to covert my truck, into a Hybrid, but i don't have the knowleged, so what i need is the knowleged, can you send me the information, i need so i ccan change my truck, into a h;ybrid, thank You

compressed air car

I living in panama central america and i have real interest compressed air car , please any people cuold help me to get more especific information to cenvert one gasoline engine vehicle to air compressed engine vehicle
    I need to change my engine?