+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Hybrids versus biodiesel; who's cleaner?

I've been told burning pure bio releases 1/3 the greenhouse gases of the best hybird.
    I can run mine in the garage, with the door closed,
    and not even get a wiff of exhaust.
    There also way more fun to drive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

ok i don't know if you guys answered this yet or not but i was wondering what kind of trucks had a deasil engine due to the fact that's what i want instead of the cars that you have to use unleaded fuel and premium unleaded fuel, i just need a name of a truck i myself am looking for a four door cab pick up truck with a deasil engine so i can go on a road trip this upcomming summer. Anyone have any ideas? and if i spelled anything wrong please excuse it.

both ford and gm sell diesel trucks. the mpg will not be great,but better than gas

After Constant research, I belive that the answer is quite clear that Bio-Diesel is more cleaner than Hybrid cars, because Bio-Diesel releases fewer admissions than a Hybrid.

Dude hybrids are awesome you get better milge. Bio-desil may be cheaper but u get better milage with the hybrid.

After round the clock research i have come to the conclusion that the Hybrid is more fuel effecint. They are not hard to come by either. They get around 45 mpg in slush and snow! I think that the hybrid is a very good choice in buying a car. To be honest THEY ROCK

Brian,
    Almost a year has past and I am now trying to make this same decision.....Prius or Jetta TDI? What did you decide?????
    B.

I had this problem a few days ago. Then I found out that my state of residency, ie Massachusetts, outlaws dealers from selling new diesel cars. So much for that. Now my current dilemma is Prius, HCH, or Toyo Matrix (which has a decent mpg) or try and find some high mpg car. Ridiculous.

MontyK

I bought the Pontiac Vibe (exact same car as the Toyota Matrix - just different exterior styling) instead of the hybrids I was considering, and I don't regret it. It's a great car, and gets great MPG (I actually get the EPA ratings with this car). It's too bad diesel isn't an option for you... hopefully that'll change in the near future.

Here are 2 web sites that provide mpg (and other) data on current (and prior year) autos.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov
    http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search

The VCACAR site will allow you to compare emissions data between gasoline, diesel and hybrids. I remember seeing the Prius and Insight in their database. When you do any comparison use only Euro Standard IV, the latest emission standards for Europe.