+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

you can go to tires.com and

you can go to tires.com and they can show what you can get with or without changing your speedo
    settings. Wider tires will hurt your mileage though

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I tried out the 185/65 tires

I tried out the 185/65 tires - and yes, I do get a mileage hit (5-10%). Everything else seems OK. No rubbing. I put some Michelin X-radial DTs on there (Costco), which can take down to a 5" rim. The classic Prius has a 5.5" rim. Note - the tires are an 85S, slightly above the original 84S. I probably wouldn't go for these again, but I have to admit the ride is as smooth as it's ever been.

Check Priuschat.com.. there

Check Priuschat.com.. there are TONS of accounts of poor tire wear on OEM tires.

I have a 2005 Prius, and at

I have a 2005 Prius, and at 27,000 miles the Integrity are totally worn out! I have had all the periodic rotations and checks...but stilll...they did not least long at all.

it is the outer dimension of

it is the outer dimension of the tire that matters, not the size of the rim. A 195/55/16 tire, meant to go on a 16" rim, has the same outer dimension as a 185/65-15 (meant to go on a 15" rim). Both tire/rim assemblies will give the exact same odometer/speedometer reading

I used to drive a Cadillac

I used to drive a Cadillac Fleetwood where the original tires lasted 96,000 miles. I now drive a Toyota 2007 Prius and consistently get 50+ MPG. My mindset is to never use my brakes ad avoid touching the gas pedal. Although I've only driven about 18,000 miles to date I suspect I may get about 60,000 miles on the original tires. I'm carefull to keep tire pressure about 3psi higher than the dealer fills them. The comments posted here sound as if drivers haven't learned to get the best performance out of their vehicles.

Wow! Not using your brakes

Wow! Not using your brakes or the gas pedal
    can save lots of money on gas! :-0)
    Is an undriven car the ultimate "best performance?"

I bought these tires for my

I bought these tires for my nissan altima and they are great tires. Definitely worth the buy. The warrantee with Costco is great too! Just go in when they are not so busy to do your rotations, otherwise you may be waiting a bit. But they are definitely worth it!!!

I bought 2007 Prius. Came

I bought 2007 Prius. Came with Goodyear Integrity tires now half bald at 32k miles and need replacement. I am NOT light footed on the pedal and only rotated twice. I guess this is about typical. Anyone have a comparison for how these compare to Michelin Hydro edge tires? I will either by Integrity again, or upgrade to Mich.

My 2006 Prius has front

My 2006 Prius has front tires worn out at 31K miles and had to replace. I wonder if this is a Prius problem for front tires. The rear tires would go another 10k miles.