+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Instead of the 195/65 can I

Instead of the 195/65 can I use 205/60, I have after market 15 inch rims

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

When it comes to tire wear,

When it comes to tire wear, it doesn't matter if it's hybrid, gas, diesel, or whatnot. Pretty much it boils down to either a wheel alignment, tire pressure, or suspension wear.
    If your suspension is worn (or leaking) and sags, it can change the geometry of the wheel laying on the road and wear the inside of the tire unevenly. Most people would see this as an alignment issue, but if you have tuned your alignment at a shop with a 4 wheel alignment and it continues then I'd have the suspension checked.

I just repaired my 3rd flat

I just repaired my 3rd flat tire in less than 2 years on my 2010 Prius. All 3 were due to either a nail or screw in the fron tires. I've been driving for 35 years and have never had more than 2 falt tires due to a screw. I think the Prius is prone to flat tires for some reason.

I just repaired my 3rd flat

I just repaired my 3rd flat tire in less than 2 years on my 2010 Prius. All 3 were due to either a nail or screw in the fron tires. I've been driving for 35 years and have never had more than 2 falt tires due to a screw. I think the Prius is prone to flat tires for some reason.

Me too! Looking at/for the

Me too! Looking at/for the same!

I have a 2001 Prius.

I have a 2001 Prius. Recommendations for new tires? Maybe a couple of options?

(Purchased the car used. Don't know anything about it's history. It's at 83,000miles. Front tires are badly worn back tires are not visibly worn).

Letís just face it, the

Letís just face it, the age of the 15" tire has ended. For purposes of availability and to expand my options, I think I will buy some 17 inch wheels for my 2005 Prius. You just cannot find 15's anymore, sure you can order them, but a man likes to see the tire he is going to put on his car. He likes to compare it to other tires on the rack. There are so few choices now that you are at the mercy of the tire store.

I hate those 17" and larger wheels. I think it looks stupid. The larger the wheel the goofier I think the car looks. I do not want larger rims for that reason. I used to have several cars with 12 and 13 inch wheels. Try and find a tire to fit one of those.

Go to the tire store and ask how many kinds of tires they have 185/65 15. Then ask how many different kinds of 215/45 17's they have. I am concerned that by moving to a wider tire, my mpg will suffer. There will be more rolling resistance.

So I have made the case here folks. Am I right, or is there still a big market in 15" tires that has somehow skipped my small town? Is anyone else experiencing the same difficulty finding tires locally? Finding tires at walmart does not count, those are the worst tires on the planet.

I would appreciate your comments on this subject. And if you know an economical way to move up to 17" wheels, please share. Every website I have looked at has left me stunned at the price of just a basic 17" wheel. I'm not into the fast and furious, and I don't need to attract any attention by having shinny wheels. I guess I'm just looking to change, without it being too painful.

i have a 2007 prius my

i have a 2007 prius my brother put 17" rims on ..and i just went threw 2 sets of tires on my car within the last 3 yrs ...can some one tell , if they think it the rims size or what tire brand should i get?? or should i go back to my stock 15' rims

Michelin tires are the best

Michelin tires are the best tires for wear. They are also used on most high end cars. The new Lexus CT 200h comes with Michelin tires from the factory.

A softer tire that rides smoother will not last as long but if you want the best there is, it's Michelin. I have owned 20 new cars and when I stray from Michelin it's always trouble!

You can check out the one's they are putting on the 2011 Lexus CT 200h hybrids. Those are probably the best!

Check to make sure the

Check to make sure the underneath allignment gets done. My guy reccomends getting the struts knotched back to factory specs. I have to on my 09-apparently that went very wrong sometime after last summer when I got new tires. I have had it allingned at least once and checked 3 times to no avail-until now that they are saying it is out of wack underneath. I had brought the Potenzas and only got 20,000 miles and a loud ride.