+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

Diesels overall, compared to gasoline fueled engines, have higher exhaust particulates. Bad for lungs. Benz and others have reduced particulates, yet they're still higher than in gas engines.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

The Ford Escape was co-developed by Volvo:
    http://4wheeldrive.about.com/cs/escape/a/00041903a.htm

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

And, if I am correct, the Ford Escape sits on the Vovlo XC90 wheelbase and frame, and since the Escape is also available in a hybrid, you already have a Ford/Vovlo Hybrid.

Now we need a diesel.

BTW Bought a conventional Ford Escape for my wife and we love it. Got rid of her Vovlo wagen, and even are driving the Escape on trips in lieu of my Lexus 400 sedan.

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

About 8 years ago, I think, I accidentally saw something I wasn't really supposed to see at a Volvo dealership in southern California. It was a brochure for a hybrid model that was ALREADY BEING SOLD in Sweden. It was a diesel/electric hybrid, in a large mid-size body. About the size of a Toyota Avalon. According to the brochure, it averaged in the 40-45 mpg range, could do 0-60 in about 8 seconds, and of course could seat 5 in extreme comfort. I walked into the sales manager's office and asked when this was going to be available, and the brochure was snatched from my hand and I was given the stone-wall treatment. I've never forgotten how that felt, that they ALREADY MAKE a car that LEGIONS of Americans would buy, but they won't sell it here, and you simply can't get ANY information about it in the US. Other than the politics pissing me off so bad, I'd STILL want to buy this car TODAY if they would just sell it here . . .

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

With hybrids flying off the lots like hotcakes, I wouldn't be supprised to see all the auto makers trying to jump on this bandwagon in a few years time. Just like they all jumped on the minivan and then the SUV bandwagons previously.

I can't wait. I've been wanting a more environmentally safe car that didn't feel and look like a tuna can for years. My husband had a Honda CRX and I was always worried we would get in an accident and be crushed...but the enormous mpg we got was wonderful...plus it was so light it pulled right over snow banks the plow pushed up over it. I have a minivan now because I actually need to cart 7 passengers to school(carpool as no bus service) but would like to downsize before the kids start learning to drive. I would love to get a safe, cheap, environmental car that I could use for 4 or 5 years and then hand down to son when he goes to college.

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

Thanks to Jeff's post of 30.Sep.2005:
    "..Volvo dealership in southern California."
    "...a diesel/electric hybrid, in a large mid-size body."

This is the kind of vehicle that would have many, many buyers. Surely someone in Sweden is on the web and can provide more info on this....
    Are any Volvo executives even listening to anyone ????
    Are they unreachable ???

Although not a hyrid, at least Volkswagen has the diesel Golf getting about 44 mpg. Available in WA state.

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

I'd like a Volvo hybrid sedan, too. I do not want a way-too-big SUV or a little hatchback. And I like the way my "brick" handles in the snow & ice. I guess I'll hang onto it for now, since I don't drive a whole lot anyhow ...

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

Volvo sells a S80 and V70 Bi-fuel (Diesel/Natural Gas) Version in Sweden. This is featured on the Volvo sweden Website in Swedish. http://www.volvocars.se/Volvoownersh...el/default.htm I noticed there is no mention of this on the US website or the UK website?

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

Intersting reading all your posts. I am just closing on a new 2006 S40, and am concerned with the low gas mileage compared to toyota and honda in their regular cars.

But one thing that only tthe volvo had was a lower dose of new car chemicals. Some cars I tested made my throat close. And I can't wait 4 months or more for the "outgassing".

Plus the incredible comfort of the seats.
    But I would trade it in on an equivalent hybrid in a "new york minute".

Not for money, but for the abililty to travel when gas supplies get low... Think about leaving New Orleans during the hurricane...would you prefer a hybird with 45 mpg or a regular car with only 22 or 23 mpg?

Hurry, volvo, Hybird S40...and a little bit smaller too!

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

I believe that volvo should offer a diesel volvo for sale in america. I drive vw jetta diesel. Volvo already sell diesel cars in euopore. a diesel volvo would safe while still good on gas.