+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

As a marketing professor, I would say that you are exactly right Steve.

Does anyone know if someone can bring such an SUV into the states (XC90 diesel)????

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

I would also be interested in finding out if volvo would be able to send a diesel or hybrid, ANY volvo diesel or hybrid, to the US for sale. I want the safety without the environmental impact, and the options here are slim. I would give my right arm if any of the other hybrid companies, like toyota, would just make a safer car. Seeing as how volvo can't seem to figure out that we want hybrids, I may have to convert to a toyota owner. That's just depressing.

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

I also would like to have a Volvo hybrid. My wife has an S40 and I have the XC90. I keep searching for a Volvo Hybrid. It seems that they have no interest. With Gas so expensive I may have to switch to the Toyota Highlander or Lexus RX 400h. I want a Volvo but, I won't sacrifice myself for one.

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

I've been a Volvo owner for years. Even survived a pile-up with semi trucks, in my Volvo XC70. But I'm tired of waiting for a Hybrid Volvo.

I just ordered my Lexus.

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

Bummer. I too am a long time Volvo owner looking for a hybrid Volvo.

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

I just recently purchased a volvo s40 and i love it to death. I must say that with prices of gasoline sky rocketing specially due to this tragedy recently in Louisianna that I'm starting to look to get a hybrid. I too would love to get a hybrid from Volvo because i love the safety that their cars offers. Please post any news you have about them asap.

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

You are all funny. Doesnt anyone really look into things before jumping on the band wagon. Hybrid cars really dont save you any money. If you want to be more environmentally friendly, then go ahead and get one but if you are looking to save money, good luck. The higher cost of owning a hybrid usually wipes out the savings at the pump. Here is one of many articles about it.

http://www.edmunds.com/help/about/pr...ssrelease..1.*

until they get it figured out how to make it cost effective to own and drive, I will stick with a reliable internal combustion motor that is actually cheaper to own that a hybrid.

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

Sorry John, but I think for many the selling point of a hybrid is consuming less fuel, not simply finding the cheapest transport. If you look at what Americans typically drive and the cost of options people put on cars-I think that article becomes pretty ridiculous. Whats the cost of securing more oil?

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

JoJo--I agree. The idea is to use less gasoline. Gas prices will probably continue to rise, making the hybrid more competitive as time goes by. Also, if we experience spot shortages, we may well be glad to own a vehicle that goes farther on whatever gas we can find. I doubt if this country will use rationing; we let price ration gas. As for Volvo the company and Volvo owners, for both the manufacturer and the buyer, the prime marketing/buying concept in the U.S. is safety with power and European "luxury," whatever that is. This year, the 90 series added a V8, a master stroke of bad timing (as compared to Toyota's perfect timing). For 2006, Volvo is dropping the more economical, non-turbo engine for the 60 series, another un-cool move. Alas, somehow, it all seems consistant. You'll have to buy the 40 series to get a non-turbo (if they haven't turbo'd that line as well). Very few Volvo's come through with manual shifts, which are quite popular in Europe. Maybe ten years ago, I saw an article that said Volvo had an experimental hybrid sedan in the works; it looked a bit like the 60 series. I've never seen reference to it since. My older Volvo 740 gets about 22 mpg overall, about the same as the 240 I owned for 20 years. At least the 740 runs on regular; the 240 needed premium. I'm sure the parent company, Ford, pushed the luxury/power marketing strategy.

Volvo XC90 SUV Hybrid???

To an earlier poster that is interested in a XC90 Diesel, it would be nice if we could buy that version as part of Volvo's European Delivery program. See:
    http://www.flyvolvo.com/index.htm (or volvo.com)

Now that low-sulfur diesel fuel mandate is rollling out in the USA ( http://www.epa.gov/cleandiesel/ ), this may be a good alternative.

The only problem with diesels is more CO2 emissions, or am I wrong?