+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

What about EVs?

Hi my name is Amanda and I hate gas prices!  I am really interested in electric vehicles actually, and I want to buy one, but I donít know a lot about them yet. I enjoy reading all the things you have to say about tehm!

A friend of mine has just told me about this site where you take a survey about electric vehicles. She told me that anyone that has one of them can take it, but since I donít yet I wasnít able to  But I thought that since you are all smarter about them you might want to take it. Here is the link that she gave me:http://survey1.gongos.com/PL7446Scre...efault.asp?y=1

I just wanted to ask, who

I just wanted to ask, who the hell is responsible for this page: http://www.hybridcars.com/technology/hybrid.html?

What exactly is a hybrid???

What exactly is a hybrid???

In Europe, gas is about

In Europe, gas is about $10.00 a gallon now. For a US Gallon thats about $7.50. In Europe, where gas has been that expensive for 10 to 15 years, 55% of cars and vans (no SUV's as everyone thinks they are stupid gas guzzlers) are Diesel and about 93% of all vehicles on the road are stick-shift. Simple laws of economics, the 230 million drivers on Europe's roads demand cars with excellent gas mileage. Diesels give 45mpg for a large luxury car to 75 mpg for an ultra-compact.

Diesels are very clean as they are fitted with catalysts, NOx traps and Particulate Filters. Interestingly, Europeans don`t touch gasoline hybrids as they see hybrids as a complex, expensive waste of money. A few people demand them for city driving (stop-start) but like 70% of Americans, 70% or Europeans commute 40 to 60 miles a day to work on freeways and sub-urban roads. Diesels are ultra-economical, awesome to drive, smooth and refined. Masses of engine torque, simple architecture, easy to maintain and easy to service thus cheap to own. They last 20 years and 250,000 miles with ease. They don`t break and they dont need 400 volts and a complex power inverter electrical system, nor a battery full of environment killing Nickel, Cadmium and other expensive poisonous metals.

What do we all think will happen between 2010 to 2015 when US gasoline gets to $10.00 a gallon? I`m buying my Diesel right away. Tom.

A diesel hybrid would be

A diesel hybrid would be pretty sweet. Iíve heard that some diesel-electric hybrid prototypes have reached 118 mpg, couple that with biodiesel and you have a pretty clean ride. I was totally attracted by the first debut of hybrid cars. Who could refused a fuel-dependent ones? By the way, I'd rather stick onto diesel hybrid that will come with near future accompanied by certain innovative styles ex:audi 4000 quattro door handle, audi fender, audi wheels, etc..

I do not like hummer cars

I do not like hummer cars because they are to small.

hi

hi

this site is cool

this site is cool

this site is cool

this site is cool