+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ford Escape -- On order, but no ETA

Kim - you did get lucky. Someone went into the production scheduling system for you, and they won't normally do that. The dealers are updated every Thur. night so you found out 2 days before them by someone going beyond the call for you.

For others that have FEH's on order, check on Fridays to see if they have any scheduling for your vehicle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Glad to hear someone outside the fifteen states is finally getting their vehicle. I placed my order with my dealer back in July in NC and still have not heard anything about an ETA. I've also tried the calls to Ford but of course they had no info.

Kim - my salesperson told me that my FEH should arrive on the 24th also. I'm sure you got AWD for the Nevada winters. My brother lives in Reno and works in Fallon. Trying to talk him into one. Will be interested to see what your experiences are like in snow, etc. and as far a fuel economy.
    Good luck and glad your's is on the way.

Duane -- Would have loved to try the Escape in the 50"(!) of snow that I've had at my house in the last 10 days. I live in the city limits, only a couple miles from downtown. If your brother would like to check out my new Escape, let me know. Would be happy to show it to him.

Kim and others, here in Florida I was told I couldn't order till Feb. from a broker I use. I got a call on Dec. 8 and he said that he had a Dealership in Delray Beach who had a cancelation on one of their two Dealer Units. My Broker deals with Fleet Managers BTW. The order was placed on Nov. 11 but he said I could modify the order because it hadn't been built yet. I did make a change order and got a confirmation from Ford a few days later. I'm paying MSRP plus $500 (so call dealer fees).

I was told that they expected the unit in late Jan. I got a call Jan. 18 stating the unit got a number (not VIN) and they now expect it will arrive 1st or 2nd week of Feb.

My order was a 2WD, TiT Green with every option. Total MSRP was $30,825.00.

Does anyone think I may not get this unit in this time frame? THANKS

If you have an order in on an escape hybrid, you may or may not want the appearance package. I did but the dealer said it was not available on any color, just siver. This is because of the wording in their ordering book. They were wrong, it is available. Only Hybrids on the escape model have this option which will make people notice the siver lower color is a hybrid. I think it also looks alot better. BTW, if you have not checked EBay, there are new escape hybred's availible now from dealers!

You've got it. The appearance package is silver in color, so any other color will end up being two-tone. Only the silver FEH will have the monochromatic look of the Limited trim level.

I have it on my redfire FEH and it looks good but I'm worried about reports I've seen online that indicate the gloss paint is subjet to rapid "sandblasting" by spray from the wheels.

Thanks Steve, I didn't hear about the sandblasting problem. I guess I'll try to keep that area waxed good because I don't like the looks of those mud flaps or protectors.