+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Used Prius?

Used Prius?

Since new Priuses are so hard to get, has anyone had luck buying a used one? Are the dealerships spiking the prices on those too?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Used Prius?

Some relatives are selling their non-hatchback Prius, which they bought used. I'm thinking of buying it, so there are used Prius's out there. However, I can't really tell how many.

Have you checked Ebay? Ebay is a great source of research on availability and market pricing.

Used Prius?

I bought a 2004 Prius this past May 05. I paid a little less than $20,000, and it was in great condition. When searching for one, I found that the dealers were really spiking prices, and that was before the big gas price jump. I still haggled; they were asking $23something. I just kept asking them "why would I spend the same amount for a used one when it's the same price (or more) as the new?" I had to travel a bit out of my area to get it, but it was so worth it!

Used Prius?

I have a 2004 Prius for sale. If interested please visit www.the-kiwi.com for more information

Used Prius?

If you are willing to travel...definately check out Ebay and similar auto auctions. I bid on a 2003 Honda Civic hybid 4-dr automatic with 27K miles on it in January of this year. It was a certified used car offered by a out of state Honda dealer who provided an additional 1 year warranty. I felt a little more confident going after a certified dealer car than a privately offered one.

I didn't win with my $14,500 bid. It went for $15,000.

To days later I got an email from the dealer telling me the winning bidder bailed. He said if I was still interested in it , he would sell it to me for my bid of $14,500. I quickly ran a bluebook, a VIN check and checked dealers in my area for comparison prices. I was trying to find out if the $14,500 was indeed a good deal. It was.

I made the 5 hr drive to the dealer in my 1987 Honda Civic (with 254,000 miles on it). If I bought the hybrid I was going to give my old honda to the local Salvation Army. But I was prepared to walk - get in the 87 and head home.

I arrived, did the test drive-kicked the tires bit and started negotiation. In the end - I bought the hybrid for $13,500, got 2.9% four year dealer financing and sold my old car to one of the dealer's mechanics for $750.00

Although I truely miss the 87 - I love my new(er) hybrid..........

Used Prius?

No url

how to score a used prius

I just (last week) bought a 2003 used Prius for just under $14K including tax&tags. Becasue I didn't want to travel, I kept an eye on the newspaper ads, and called as soon as any Prius showed up in an ad; they were mostly already sold. What worked was that I called a lot of dealerships and told them that if they got a Prius in, they should call me, and I'd come right out. I was getting ready to drive to Ohio (about 3 hours away) to look at one, when the dealership at the bottom of my hill (no kidding, easy walking distance from my apt) called to tell me they had just gotten a Prius as a trade-in.

Good luck,

Sara

I just bought a used 03

I just bought a used 03 for 12200 (i called around and had to drive about 100 miles) it has 36000 miles on it. It was a very good deal just had to look for it. Found a bunch more a little more or a little less depending on mileage. It has all options Cruise Control CD ect. does not have Nav, Might help I am on the east coast, from what i have been reading people in California are all over them, I have never been there so I am not sure on that, might just be an internet thing

Well by now Prius cars are

Well by now Prius cars are highly popular and yes, used cars auto dealers have spotted the opportunity. I got one myself from the local used car Salt Lake City dealership and I didn't have to search for too long. Newer models are harder to find but they are worth the effort because they can be bought with really good prices.