+ Reply to Thread

Warning light re: Transmission

For the past 6 months I've been dealing with an issue that seems to have baffled 2 Toyota dealerships. On any given day, a warning light (red triangle) appears on my dash along with this text on my GPS screen: "The transmission P lock mechanism is abnormal. Park your car at a flat place and apply parking break completely.

If I turn off my car, the car will not go in gear. Last time I brought the car in for service, as soon as it was lifted off of the tow truck. They pushed the start up button, and the car was fine. Unfortunately, that's not always the case, and my fear is that it will happen late at night, when the dealerships are not open.

Has anyone heard of, or had this same issue? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Why donít you leave it at

Why donít you leave it at Toyota dealer and let them deal with it? I guess itís out of warranty? Did you read?
    http://www.hybridcars.com/forums/pri...-up-t1071.html
    Sound like you have same issueÖ

Thanks, Chuck. It is out of

Thanks, Chuck. It is out of warranty. I did read those posts. The one dealership that "fixed it" is picking up the car tomorrow. It blows my mind that 2 dealerships can't find out what's wrong with the car. Oy!

there is independent prius

there is independent prius shop if have any question regarding your prius problem you can ask these guys they are very nice
    occaspianmotors.com they fixed my problem you can email them

This just happened to me. I

This just happened to me. I had gotten this warning awhile ago when the car was parked in my driveway. I tried turning the engine off, putting it in gear, turning it on again. Putting on and taking out the parking break. Just a couple of things. Then it went way. But then last week, a week after a routine maintenance repair at the dealership, it happened again. Again, in the morning, in the driveway. Car hadn't been on in a while. Tried to start it as usual and got that error message. Also, the display on the dash didn't say "ready." But every time I tried to put the car in gear, I got that message on the computer screen and then I couldn't turn the engine off either. The dealership said it was the hybrid battery and charged me more than $300 to fix it. But I'm very dubious. If it had been the battery, why would it also have happened more than a year ago? They also cleaned out leaves and stuff from some filter. I wonder if that might really have been the issue.