+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Honda Civic Performance

What actions signal this component to switch between the two different uses ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Honda Civic Performance

Honda civic HX
    gets ave Hwy/City 43MPG

Honda Civic Performance

I own a 89 base civic with the four-speed manual and my best milage was 44.3 miles a gallon. Keep in mind i have no overdrive gear. The lowest i have recorded was 32 miles a gallon while i was driving the car hard with many stops.

Honda Civic Performance

I don't understand why anyone would be complaining about 42-43 highway mileage. I own a Jeep Cherokee that gets 17 mpg.

Honda Civic Performance

I have a 95 civic dx and it gets horrible gas mileage for a car its size... on average i get about 25 mpg max... i don't know what it is but i might be looking into a lil' tune-up... i thought after changing my air filter (which was filthy) would boost my mileage but it made no difference whatsoever.

Honda Civic Performance

I got 51 MPG even with my Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 driving from San Antonio to Houston last weekend with two stops along the way.

Honda Civic Performance

i love my honda. while all my friends got mustangs, jeeps, and trucks. i got a 94 civic dx. granted, it needs work from time to time, but with gas prices the way they are, im glad i can pump out close to 40mpg on the highway. im probably in the low 30's in the city, i tend to be a little heavy on the pedal. i was thinking of making my next car a hybrid, but possibly the accord v6 since i have a bit of cash saved. the civics always seemed a little underpowered for me.

Honda Civic Performance

I just found this website and I can't believe some people are getting around 40-43 MPG in their Civic's.

I have owned an 03 HCH for three years and have never had average miles below 50. My overall average is 53 MPG for the life of the car. On a good week without using AC I can get 55-56 MPG no problem.

Honda Civic Performance

I've been debating getting a hybrid, but I'm curious about something. The vast majority of my driving is highway (120mi, 4 days a week). With my current car, a '00 VW Jetta VR6, I get about 25mpg on average, for a little over 300 miles per tank. My driving style is pretty average, but my highway speed tends to about 75-85mph (which is with traffic on my commute). What kind of highway mileage do people really seem to get, and at what average speed? I've seen a Prius account where exclusive highway driving at 75 managed between 42 and 51mpg, but not much else. Granted, even 42mpg would be a pretty good improvement over 25mpg, at the current $3.19/gallon...

Honda Civic Performance

I got 51 even between San Antonio and Houston with two stops along the way and air conditioning on all the time at 69-70 degrees.

On my current tank, I was at 52 today but I am trying to drive with air off as an experiement and aonly turning it on at traffic lights ( auto-stop is on and AC runs from the electric battery only).