+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Driving strategy for better gas mileage

Just bought a 07 Camry Hybrid. It certainly takes a little adjustment but after my first 300 miles, I'm averaging about 38MPG; a 60% improvement over my 05 Camry!

Don't expect to haggle on the price of this car, I searched for 3 weeks and just got lucky when I did find one.

The "in your face: mpg indicator does make a world of difference, if all cars had this simple gauge (instead of a tachometer), I suspect most drivers would (could), improve their mileage.

I like the car, it's a great balance between fuel efficiency and comfort.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

1- Tire pressures, 2-system "Break-In"

I just got in from the Honda dealership (hadn't planned on going there for a while as it's too far away, but had to pick up my plates) where I asked about the "break-in period" and also tire pressures for my 2007 Civic Hybrid.
    The break-in is several thousand miles for the system to learn my driving style. somehow it then makes adjustments and am told I will see further FE gains.
    The Dunlop tires are rated 32 to 44. The service department says
    1 - all cars' MPG ratings are with the tests at the tires' upper limit,
    2 - you will see longer tire life if the tires are inflated even up to that limit, and
    3 - running with tires inflated at the upper limit is SAFE (important to me, esp in wet conditions) though HARD. I'm going to give 40 a try this week.
    My trip to the dealership involved Dallas, TX hwy and city mix. Thrilled to see 48 mpg at now 2,500 miles of conservative driving.

possible computer problems

I have a 2005 Prius. I have been averaging 50 mpg until recently. For some reason the computer still says I'm getting 50 mpg, but I'm only getting 300-400 miles per tank. Has anyone else experienced this?

hypermiling as a habit

Having just bought a '05 prius, I'm a little disappointed at my lack of success in applying hypermile habits and increasing mpgs. My driving is about 85% open expressway and in my last car, a 2004 BMW 330C w/ 6 spd manual, I had a life avg (over 52,500 miles) of approx 39 mpg (proven out w/ each fillup) which represents about 30% above the hwy only est of 30 mpg.

Having put a few Ks on the prius now, applying same exact habits, I'm maxing out at 60 - 61 mpgs. I expected the 30% (more even when averaging in cold starts and 15% city driving) better than stated in the prius.

Overall can't complain, though.

Thanks.

Ray

We have a part that allows

We have a part that allows you to switch to Electric Only Mode and operate a Prius up to 34 MPH with increased efficiency. Increase fuel efficiency and Performance with this easily installed electric only mode chip upgrade. The Chip activates the factory option that is not available for North American Hybrids. Toyota installs this programming in every Prius before it leaves the factory in Japan.

IF YOUR READY TO SAVE MORE ON GAS PLEASE EMAIL US.