+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Electric car in movie

I was just wondering if anyone knows what car was featured in the movie "Sleepover"

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Electric car in movie

I haven't seen Sleepover but with 3 younger kids we saw Garfield.

I believe the lady vetranarian drove an 03 Prius.

Electric car in movie

Hi! the tiny green car is a Nissan! I finally found it in the newspaper.

Electric car in movie

What newspaper did you find the Nissan car in? And do you have more information on it?

Electric car in movie

the car in sleepover is a smart car, not a nissan.

Electric car in movie

The care is most definately a Smart car.

Electric car in movie

However, the Smart car is a European car (trust me - if you go anywhere in Europe, the Smart cars are EVERYWHERE), so if you want one that badly, you'd have to get one there. You could ship one, but what a hassle - if something happens to the cute little mickey mouse car, you've got nowhere to turn for repair.

Electric car in movie

Smart car is planning to launch in the US. I don't know when. They had their cars at the Detroit Show and they were featured on some tv segment. The get something like 40 to 50 mpg. They are going to offer a convertible too.

http://www.thesmart.co.uk/

Electric car in movie

Smart car is planning to come to the US. But they are having some problems meeting the EPA and DOT guidelines for crash and safety. From what I have read they are working on these issues but this in turn is delaying their launch of vehicles sold in the US.

Electric car in movie

The little green car in Sleepover is a Nissan Hypermini, you'll find further infomation, in Japanese ofcourse,
    http://history.nissan.co.jp/HYPERMINI/
    I myself own a Smart, but I'm tempted to go for the Hypermini purely for the zero emissions, but the top range on a four hour charge is 80miles, which means I can't really use it outside the city.