+ Reply to Thread

F.ix O.r R.epair D.aily

OK, my girlfriend just gave me this acromym on the cell phone as I was driving my new Ford Escape HEV into the repair shop. I had it all of three weeks, before the rear tire well began emitting high, chirpy squeaks whenever I'd drive in electric mode or under 40mph. The chirping got louder yesterday, and today I took it in for repairs to the dealer....30 miles from my home. ugh. I hope and pray this is not a harbinger of things to come.

Anyone else been in for repairs on their Escapes yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

F.ix O.r R.epair D.aily

Nothing yet (knock wood) but it's only been a weekend...

Also

Found on Road Dead

F***d Over Rebuilt Dodge

etc. etc.

F.ix O.r R.epair D.aily

Two days in the shop, and they cannot find anything wrong. I'm afraid to take it back. I just know as soon as I drive home I'll hear that squeaking again. The dealership is keeping it another day to see if they can create the sound. Fingers crossed.

F.ix O.r R.epair D.aily

Call Friday from the dealer- they found the back right rotor warn down. The dealer is replacing the 2 rear rotors, and I should have my car back Monday or Tuesday. Only 1,000 miles on the car...wanted to give future owners a heads up. Hoping this is it!

F.ix O.r R.epair D.aily

Sounds like the emergency brake was not fully released - mechanical/human error?

F.ix O.r R.epair D.aily

The latest...rotors replaced, Escape is still making the chirping noise. Galpin Ford is bringing in a hybrid "field engineer" to go over my car. Eight days in the shop and counting...Good thing I kept my '97 Rav4, it's still driving well. Any advice on Lemon Laws? Not sure about emergency brake theory, Red...I'm afraid this problem goes beyond that. We'll see.

F.ix O.r R.epair D.aily

I did some reading in the owners manual. The brake system has a self-diagnostic that can pressurize the brake lines for testing purposes when the car is shut off. I wonder if the self-test may be happening while your car is running?

Just a stab in the dark. So far (900+ miles) no problems with ours...

F.ix O.r R.epair D.aily

Thanks for the input, Steve...I have a feeling it's something like that, relating to the brake system and the battery. A mechanic from the dealership is driving the car back to me tomorrow, and we're going to drive it around together, to see if the chirping continues. They think they have it fixed now, so we'll see. The mechanics admit they don't really know which sounds are normal, and which ones aren't. Not very comforting. The saga continues....