+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Honda Accord Hybrid

By the way, here in Michigan the Accord Hybrid can be had for 27,500. I haven't seen another in the 3 months since I got mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Honda Accord Hybrid

I get between 27 and 31 in town. 27 if I get froggy on occasion. I drove to VA Beach from Stafford VA twice (170 miles one way). I averaged 39 MPG with one passenger. Compared to my old 2000 Accord 6 cylinder (200 HP) of 18 in town and 26 hwy, this is significant.

A solo trek averaged 41 MPG over a 50 mile stretch.

There is a fine-line between 6 cylinder and 3 cylinder mode and requires some practice.

This 6/3 threshold is lowered as more weight is added (more passengers). Car pooling to work with 3 passengers rendered only 33 MPG. Stop and go reduces to 30 MPG. Air conditioning also causes the shift to the 6 cylinder mode sooner (the electric compressor seems to only kick in when in the Auto Stop mode).

Honda Accord Hybrid

Help! I picked up an accord hybrid last week. I put about 200 miles on it so far 90% high way. So far the mpg meter has not gone above 26.1 mpg. (Driving solo with the AC on and cruise on). On the way home this evening I even tried setting the cruise to 60 and leaving the AC off.

I am missing something here? Are the batteries not included??? I am REALLY unhappy with this situation. The dealer says relax and to put a 1,000 miles on it.

What a crock!

How are you guys getting 39mpg on the highway?

thanks!

Honda Accord Hybrid

I agree with Dan, I got me an Hybrid about 1 1/2 weeks ago and got about 630 miles on it. About 550 of those miles are highway miles. I've tried making drives from San Diego to Los Angeles with A/C on and off and they MPG has not gone over 23. I've been reading all over of other folks getting way better mileage and their tips. I'm hoping its just break in time. Dealer admits that this is their first hybrid accord sale and they are just as stumped as me. Heck I learn more on the forums than from them.

Honda Accord Hybrid

why isn't there a hybrid diesel...seems like 100 mpg wouldn't be out of the question? BTW, saw an Insight in germany...sticker said 3 liters/100km (~63 mpg)...i'll have to get out the calculator if anyone ever puts a hybrid diesel on the road

Honda Accord Hybrid

why isn't there a hybrid diesel...seems like 100 mpg wouldn't be out of the question? BTW, saw an Insight in germany...sticker said 3 liters/100km (~63 mpg)...i'll have to get out the calculator if anyone ever puts a hybrid diesel on the road

my HCH went from 51 mpg avg in flat sunny FL (though A/C was a MUST) to 45 mpg (4.7l/100km) in cold (effects battery pack) hilly germany...really gutless (to the point of stalling or having to over-rev off the line) when the big hills eat up the battery pack...also, never saw the battery pack get full to the point of not charging going downhill in good old FL. of course the lack of speed limits here may have something to do w/ my poorer mpg ...darn thing is regulated to 107mph (same as my wife's prius)...bavarian (diesel) speedwagons pass us like we were standing still...prius really get's bad mpg at speed (like 29 mpg) vs the 40ish i can get away with...must be that continuously variable transmission of hers (i opted for a stick).

Honda Accord Hybrid

Diesel-electric hybrid burning biodiesel. . . my dream car. Big trucks already have it, why not us?

check out dieselsecret.com 46cents/gallon fuel!!!

-jonathan

Honda Accord Hybrid

I purchase my HAH one month ago. When I first got the car I was very disappointed in the MPG, usually getting in the low 20 range. I am now getting 28.8 to 29.1 mpg driving to and from work, and in the low 40s (40-42) on the highway.

I traded my 2005 Nissan Armada (10 mpg) just before gas prices went through the roof, and I am saving money every time I fill the HAH up.

The HAH is very different from other cars that claim the title as hybrid. With the HAH I can squeel the front tires when I take off from a fresh green light, or I can take off really slow and get good gas milage. With the Prius, and other automobiles that have been mentioned,you have no choice but to take off really slow.

I also like the ability to speak to the comuter. There are some things that make the voice "activated" computer a real pain, but compaired to the $50,000 nissan armada that I had, the HAH computer wins.

If you are planning to purchase a HAH, really consider purchasing the navi computer system.

If gas prices continue to rise, I will be purchasing the onda Civic Hybrid.

As far as emmissions hybrid vs gas or other types, really don't care. Too much hype about "green house" gasses, global warming and the like... it all sounds like chicken little to me.

Honda Accord Hybrid

I wonder if Honda dealers offer extended warranty for hybrid components. Factory will cover some of them for 8 years/80,000 miles. After 80K such repair is very expensive. It can cost $3000 to replace hybrid battery or hybrid voltage converter/inverter each !
    Anyone heard anything about extra coverage for hybrid components ?

Honda Accord Hybrid

We bought a Honda civic hybrid in May of 2005, we are averaging 31 to 37 miles per gallon. When we called Honda they told us that their is a break in period of 3750 miles, where that number came from I have no idea. We love the way the car drives and looks but the gas mileage is extremely disappointing. Honda has also checked it out to be sure nothing is wrong, at least they said that nothing was wrong but we need to wait. Has anyone else heard of a breakin period and what numbers were you given?