"Please make sure the van height inside the car high enough for a person 6'5", and it is an AWD or 4X4, over 270 hp. Otherwise it won't be very usefull to many people who travel to the snow/desert, etc."

Huh??? A 270 hp 4x4 anything, hybrid or not, won't have good fuel consumption figures. You may go from 18 mpg to 22 mpg by hybridizing it. Hardly worth the cost of the drivetrain for most people.

As for needing 270 hp 4x4 in the snow...double huh??? I live in Quebec, notorious for harsh winters (snow, sleet, ice, slush, deep cold, etc). I drive a 134 hp diesel with stability control. I've driven past lots of 4x4 in the ditch...

Plus I get 42+ mpg on the highway; my wife with her 100 hp diesel station wagon (no stability control unfortunately, so it may be replaced soon with another one WITH stability control), easily can get 50 mpg on the highway.

If we're going to make a serious dent in our fuel dependancy, we're going to have to seriously re-examine our "needs". I respectfully suggest that NOBODY needs a 270 hp 4x4. I can see a need for a van for large families, but ideally, a 150 hp diesel with about 250 lb-ft of torque, and stability control instead of AWD, would suit the needs of 99% of us. It would get FAR better mileage than even a hybrid with 270 hp and 4x4. In fact you can get such vans in Europe that pull in around 45 mpg.