+ Reply to Thread

turbine in exhaust on hybrid

Dont know if this is even realistic but is there anyone doing or can you put a turbine into the exhaust of a hybrid that can generate electricity from the exhaust gases and temperature in the exhaust.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Guess i should of looked

Guess i should of looked further - see BMW new concept at Frankfurt - has a thermo electric generator in exhaust
    http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/15092009/36...ynamics-0.html

Capstone Micro Turbine,

Capstone Micro Turbine, Chatsworth, CA and a bus company DesignLine Int'l, Charlotte, NC are selling Hybrid Transit Buses internationally. The buses are powered with 630 lithium ion batteries and a 35KW Micro Turbine. Capstone builds its turbines using air bearing technology, requiring only an air filter change every 5000 hours, no lubricants and burns multiple fuel types. A prototype of a sedan Ford S-Type has been re-engineered in England using turbine/battery hybrid technology and is being looked at by the US Auto manufacturers currently. Both companies have more info available on their Web Sites. Tests show positive results so far in multiple international metro sites.

meow

meow

I like chocolate babies

I like chocolate babies