+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Actual Mileage for Ford Escape Hybrid

I just got my Escape Hybrid, AWD and it's great! I'm averaging about 27mpg on Pacific Coast Highway while doing around 50-60 mph and when I hit the 10 and do 70 mpg it doesn't get much less. Right now I am getting about double the gas mileage as my old Bronco II.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hi Jim-

Congrats on getting your new Escape HEV and on doubling your mileage from your Bronco days. I'll have to look for you on PCH...I'm on there quite frequently. Haven't seen any other Escape HEVs on the road yet, hope to soon! I'm getting 30-32 mpg regularly, now that I know how to handle my 2WD model.

Hello....

I have a new 4WD Escape and can not get the milage above 18mpg and driving as carefull as I can.
    The dealer says they know NOTHING...all is well.....................well something is not well. Why is it that everyone at FORD knows nothing??

How does one have the computer checked..etc.??

Any answers?? Thanks

EITHER YOUR FULL OF BS or you need to take the PARKING BRAKE OFF!. Only if the elec. motor is locked up, could you be getting that mileage. Go to a srink, he or she might fix your problem, not Ford.

That was a bit harsh Gary.

How about asking what sort of environment Josef is using his FEH in? Is it very cold? Lots of steep hills? Are most of his trips less than 10 miles?

Anon, he did not offer any driving conditions, good or bad. He talks like FORD is the problem. He doesn't compare any other thing or car here. He says the dealer knows "nothing". Most people would take that issue higher up in Ford if they paid that much for a vehicle and got that mileage. He gave no mech. problems he is having like poor performance if the computer wasn't working right.

If you own a FEH, I think you might think this person doesn't own a FEH. I thought his statements were to bad mouth FORD. His statements also bad mouth all Hybrids in my opinion.

I could be wrong about the intent of His statement and I agree I was harsh. People who are looking at this site thinking of buying a Hybrid need true facts. Not strange problems without any details.

BTW, maybe I should have ask him if he has problems with math also! Just Kidding

Just took my first road trip in my FEH, 4WD. Got 25.4 on the highways (doing between 75 and 85 mph) and when I was in Scottsdale, AZ (flat land with rolling hills) my mileage came in at 32.3. I am pretty pleased. This crushes my '99 Grand Cherokee 4WD.

I am a new Ford Escape Hybrid driver. I am getting about 21 miles mostly round town and doing about 5/6 miles per trip. I am in the Nevada City/Grass Valley area California. I was disappointed at first but when we called Ford we were told that it would do better when we had put on more mileage. They did not give a figure. I think also I am still not using it in the best way. I am driving as I drove my last car, a volvo. I intend to try new tactics and see what I can do that may give better mileage. I am not bothered about the mileage at present. I love the car, the visibility, the space and the handling. I feel more in control and I am comfortable in it. It is useful to have learned from other drivers that I should not be using air conditioning and expecting good mileage at the same time. Thanks.

Glad to see you went from 18 to 21MPG, Keep working on it !

Anon Woman Driver:

As I am sure you have seen -- short trips, like the 5/6 mile trip you write about are not the most efficient. Try taking a 25-45 minute trip. My guess is that if you do it in a city (without to many San Francisco style hills) or a mix of city, highway, and country roads (45 speed limits) you'll get an idea of how/when the car is most efficient.

Terrain and time of travel are really big components in mileage.

Enjoy the car.