+ Reply to Thread

Honda Civic Hybrid: Water Safe?

Can an gas-electrical car like the Honda Civic Hybrid be damage in a flood or in pouring rain? I'm afraid it might damage the electrical part of the car if I drive through a puddle of water on the side of the road. What kind of water damage protection or warranty does this car have? If I have to worry about this then I would rather buy a regular honda civic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

i think it's no worse then driving thru any other puddles in a regular car.

they think of basics like water & rain...

call a dealer on that one

There is no effect.
    I've owned my HCH since last February 04.

Once or twice a month I'll hose the engine compartment down, soap, let it soak for a few minutes on the cold engine, wipe what I can reach and hose it off.

My dealer says it won't hurt and I haven't had any trouble.

I would be careful when washing an engine. There is protective grease at electrical connections. Once a year is fine.

Driving and water is not a problem at all.

After watching Hurricane Katrina coverage, the everyday puddle might be ok, but what about up to the door jam? I live in a flood zone that sometimes has soaked the inside of my CR-V.

Noticed several listings of salvage title Prius's on eBay. Curious if insurance companies total them out more often due to water damage.

Driving through a "Big Puddle" will damage any car-It could crack the engine block. So either way, a hybrid and/or a regular car could both be damaged.

please send me more info for

please send me more info for the hho generator

Hmmm Well we have taken our

Hmmm Well we have taken our prius in water up to its bumper and it went through it.But if water gets inside your in trouble because a hybrid computer of some sort is under the carpet and if it gets wet then they will automatically total the car.And im not talking about if you spill your coffe on it it will total it but if it has water on it for a long peroid of time, and it also has to be deep.