+ Reply to Thread

Is Chrysler doing a Hybrid in the near future?

We love our jeep's, however, it is one of the biggest petrol user on the road. Does anyone know if Chrysler is planing hybrid's?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I too own a jeep and love it. I recently took delivery of a prius because of the phenomenal fuel mileage. I have heard that jeep is coming out with diesel libertys but that is all that I have heard of.

yes, we test drove the 2.7 liter diesel last year. it sounds like a tracktor and has no "guts". We use our car a lot for deliveries and really need the power... but I am geting very contius about it's fuel consumtion. Not that we were suprised, we knew it uses fuel like crazy, but with the rising fuel prices and the hybrid's now available...

Tell me, a very good friend of my parents got his Honda Civic Hybrid 3 month ago. He told me he get's about double the milage out of it then with a normal Civic. Can this be right? I thought the Hybrids would save way more petrol then only half?

I am a Sales Engineer and I drive about 2000 miles a month. I was getting 13 mpg with my jeep and now I am getting between 52 and 55 mpg with my Prius. I drive every possible combination of road conditions that you can image, it does take a little adjustment in your drive habits to achieve a higher mileage in the Prius but the change is small and is the way you should be driving any way.

ok, thanks, that sounds much better
    I will talk to my friend and ask him how he is going with the milage in a few month.

Thanks for your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by andreas
    We love our jeep's, however, it is one of the biggest petrol user on the road. Does anyone know if Chrysler is planing hybrid's?
    They donít seem to be gung ho on hybrids. Do have a plug in hybrid van they have talked about but havenít seen much lately. The most recent thing I read, they were vowing to do some hybrids like the rest but were going to use another auto companyís existing technology.

Looking like Chrysler may be heading in a good direction. Not only is this Sprinter Van a hybrid, but you can also extend your MPG by charging up the batteries from your homes wall outlets.

http://www.epri.com/highlights.asp?objid=295753