+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Unhappy need advice re IMA battery replacement

I own a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid, Automatic. was disappointed when at age 9 yrs, the hybrid battery needed replacing. i appealed to Honda and they paid for 50% of the cost. now, about 2 yrs later, the IMA light came on, malfunction indicator lit up and service dept at my dealer\'s tells me that the hybrid battery needs replacing. I am disgusted and bummed out. appeal to Honda is pending. this will wipe out my savings.
    i was not aware that the warranty was only for 3 yrs or 36000 miles. upon reading some threads and articles, i did not come across anyone postings of the second battery failing prematurely and am also concerned about the future. so, my next battery, i can expect to replace in another 3 yrs? WTF!

Hi am hybrid car enginer from srilanka I found a method to correct the honda civic hybrid battery after correction it can be use more than 5 years my mail srismc@sltnet.lk

Ya thats what happens. Its a lot of hassle to do that.

I am not an expert on this but I do know of someone who bought a used hybrid battery and put it in for what he said was a total of $1000 for a Toyota Prius. He is a used car dealer so knew how to get a better price than the new ones. Maybe you could do that too. Try ebay for used hybrid battery.