+ Reply to Thread

Ford C-Max MPG Listed Here

If the administrators of this site could respond, I would appreciate it. You\'re listing the MPG of the Ford C-Max Hybrid as 35/40, while its EPA estimate is 47/47/47. I have had a C-Max for a week and a half now (so it\'s nowhere near being broken in), and I have tracked my mileage to work - mostly 55-60 and under mph with rolling hills -- as 47.2 (my personal best for a short trip was 55.3). I haven\'t tested it a lot on a highway, but what I have seen is averaging around 41-42. But I\'m certainly getting much better than the 35/40 shown on this website that has apparently been arbitrarily changed from Ford\'s 47/47/47 EPA estimate.

I\'m aware that there\'s a lawsuit pending regarding the EPA estimate, but from what I\'ve seen from other C-Max owners on other forums it\'s unfair to decide to change the mileage estimate to be so much lower than what we\'re actually getting in the real world, especially those of us who are experienced hybrid drivers.

Bear in mind also that we\'re on winter blend gasoline, E10 in my area, which is known to give lower mpg. Ford tests with 100% gasoline. My guess is that my C-Max will shake out to be very close to Ford\'s estimates once it\'s broken in, and with city driving will even exceed it.

Please give consideration to changing the mpg you show for the C-Max. For the size of this car and the horsepower it has (188), I\'m very pleased with the mpg I\'m getting. I\'m a former 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid owner (now there was a car that couldn\'t live up to its EPA estimate)!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Interesting to hear your experiences as an actual owner of the C-max. However, I think the concern comes in when the EPA advertises a number it\'s supposed to be what people can achieve while driving \'normally\'. You mention you are a seasoned hybrid driver, and I don\'t think the EPA test is different for hybrid and non-hybrid cars.

The Energi ratings have been released and it will be interesting to see if those can be achieved with normal driving. http://www.myfusionenergi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150

If the average joe jumps in and drives, what\'s the mileage going to be? That\'s what the EPA test and ratings are supposed to reflect.

Ford C Max MPG Listed Here

Ive read elsewhere on the Interweb where other Liberty owners are reporting bad MPG ratings.

I managed a best of 23 MPG Highway on a 700 mile roundtrip recently. I would expect a vehicle this size/engine to be in the Mid-High 20s MPG Highway.

What are you folks seeing on yours ??

Thumbs up Open Letter to Ford

Open letter to Ford:

I thought my 2013 C-MAX would be a Prius Killer? NOT! As a returning Ford buyer I feel deceived. I want to support US companies and US jobs. What was Ford thinking when they published 47/ 47/47 estimates? Based on the advertised EPA estimates, I would have been ok with low 40\\\\\\\'s but 28-33 mpg is not even in the ballpark. This is not an issue about EPA testing standards, but rather an issue about setting false customer expectations in order to promote sales. Ford\\\\\\\'s \\\\\\\"47MPG\\\\\\\" marketing campaign tarnished what should have been the roll out of a truly remarkable vehicle, the CMAX. Real world MPG estimates should have been promoted in the mid-30\\\\\\\'s. No one would have questioned those numbers and the CMAX would have received the accolades it deserves. How these MPG estimates made it through Ford corporate is beyond me! Maybe it was the rush to go to market? I have been accused of not knowing how to drive hybrid. For the record, during the last three years I have leased both a 2010 Prius and 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid, and consider myself an experienced hyper-miler. My mileage in the Prius is 50 plus, the Insight is 40 plus. The C-MAX is a well-built car, with extremely inflated EPA estimates. I respectfully request that this matter be investigated as soon as possible. My efforts to deal with this locally and through Ford customer service have frustrated me to no end. The constant response? \\\\\\\"You need to learn to how to drive hybrid type of vehicle \\\\\\\". Is there a difference how I drive Prius Hybrid vs. the CMAX hybrid? I think we all know the answer to that. I need someone at Ford to reach out to me and assist in a proactive manner so we can put this matter to rest.

Ronald Kramer Yankee Ford Customer
    South Portland, Maine