The other day my 2000 town and country sprang a leak in the gas tank 200 miles out in the country side realizing the years of ethanol additives in gasoline had eaten the rubber seal of the hose as I patched it up struggling to get home I watch as gallons of expensive fuel polluted the earth and drained my money out onto the street. So I made up my mind something has to be done! Well after a few weeks of consideration of making butanol converting the van to wood gas converting it to steam power etc. etc. etc. I believe I\'ve reached a solution...

I want to recycle the heat wasted by the ICE to run a converted small generator off the steam which in turn will power the electric motor I\'m going to mount via belt to the back axle as this town and country is a FWD vehicle, I now should be able to run the car in neutral purely idling the engine for heat for the generator electric drive system, run a seperate boiler to the generator and run the van turned off and in neutral as a steam electric hybrid, or run the car normal using the steam electric drive to help propelling the car along. I don\'t want to have to modify the existing components of my vehicle just yet I\'ll have faith in doing it later after working on the generator and electrical components but for now I want to do this as first stage conversion. Now what I need to know is which way of running this system would be best, how to best connect the electric motor to the back wheels, would it be better to augment the generator by hooking the alternator into this system too, what\'s the best way to get a steam generator built conversion or what, and what kind of gas mileage and range improvements would I see?