+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prius floor mats --

Hi all. I'm in California and working with an auto broker to get a 2007 Prius. He's telling me that all Priuses (Prii?? come with floor mats -- to the tune of $199. He says it's part of MSRP, but I'm not convinced.

A Toyota dealership quoted me the same $22,175 MSRP (plus additional car destination charge) and said nothing of $200 *more* dollars for floor mats.

For my own peace of mind, can anyone tell me if "Floor mats required" is True or False? (And do they really cost $199??)

Thanks.

Prius floor mats --

I just picked my new Prius, and mats were not included.

Prius floor mats --

Thanks, Bob. May I ask what part of the country you're in?

Prius floor mats --

Same thing happened to me.

The dealer said floor mats were 200 bucks...

We got them anyway...

are they allowed to do that?

Definitely NOT part of the MSRP. There is a "Preferred Accessory" (Z1) package that includes the floor mats, the rear cargo net and first aid kit that MSRP's for $277 and invoices at $181. You'll find dealers that will tack that on, but it's not required. Another thing they love putting on is the "rear bumper applique"--basically a clear plastic sticker that protects the top surface of the bumper during loading/unloading of cargo. $65 for that little gem. It looks basically like a piece of clear, self-stick shelf/drawer liner.

floor mats

OOOPS!!! wrong heading........... i got mines 2 days ago and it came with the floor mat at an Ontario auto dealership for under 22,000

No charge in Jersey

I got all my mats at no extra charge. 2 front 2 rear and 1 for the rear cargo area plus straps to hold items down.I have a 2005.

I ordered my car and it didn't come with them. When I told him I wanted them he got me some rubber ones that said Prius on them. Probably MSRP of $100 bucks but worth about $20 and he threw them in for "free" when I told him I was paying sticker price and no floor mats, come on now We'd been talking for a few months so I knew he didn't want to spoil the deal for $20 rubber floor mats.

regional packages

From what I understand, there are regional packages that the dealer is forced to purchase. Here in the Northeast the packages include the floormats. I didn't have an option to not purchase the mats.

Come to think of it, my car is a California model car. I don't know if that is what forces the mats, but I don't think the dealer is trying to pull one over on you. The mats on my invoice are $199 MSRP as well. Good luck!

Have you tried the mats from

Have you tried the mats from weathertech? I've had them for 2 years and they are great. not cheap thou..

http://weathertech-review.blogspot.com/