We brought a 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid on March 2010 and the battery died on October,2012. The Honda service said that we need to pay $500 to replace the battery and consider is a good deal because they called Honda corporate and make a deal with them. I read the warranty book and search online, all the information that I found is the 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid will cover up to 8 years/100,000 which ever goes first. Even Honda corporate made a case, the case manager refuse to cover the cost. I told them I'm NOT happy and request to have a warranty department checked. The case manager called next day and confirmed that they has been putting the 2005 data in the 2012 system. I wonder how many people has pay the battery on their own pocket. So the Honda Civic Hybrid did cover 8 years/100,000 in our state. We got the battery replace but it's only can cover the other 36,000 so we decide to trade in to a regular Honda. The sale person said because we still have $11,500 needs to pay off and they only give us $5500 for the Honda Civic Hybrid and the balance is transfer to the new Honda Civic LX. We trade in last night and after a night, we both feel this is for a fair trade and want to get the 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid back and take the risk. Can you imagine they are the same people who sell us the Hybrid 2 years ago and tell us Hybrid is no good last night. I'm not sure we have the 3 day cool-off period in our state but want to give it a try. Please wish us luck.

Thank you for listening!
chow430