unlock security system?????????????????
+ Reply to Thread

unlock security system?????????????????

Have an 08 Mariner hybrid went to back it out of garage and it would not start. At first I thought the battery was dead but then I noticed the security system light on. I cannot find a way in the owners manual to reset the system other than it says to take it to the dealer. There has to be a way to reset the system. I left the positive battery cable off for three hours and that did not work either. I hope somebody knows how to fix this???????

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ytee View Post
    Have an 08 Mariner hybrid went to back it out of garage and it would not start. At first I thought the battery was dead but then I noticed the security system light on. I cannot find a way in the owners manual to reset the system other than it says to take it to the dealer. There has to be a way to reset the system. I left the positive battery cable off for three hours and that did not work either. I hope somebody knows how to fix this???????
    Chris
    Chris, make sure you don't have any other PATS key or metallic object such as a gas card on the key chain that may be effecting the radio frequency. More than one PATS key can cause problems. More than likely you may have to have it towed to a dealership with your Roadside Service to have them use a Worldwide Diagnostic System to locate the problem.

If you used a non-PATS key to try to start the vehicle, you may want to check around for the best deal on towing because Ford won't pay for that.

Also, did you notice the LED blinking differently when you tried to start the vehicle? Check the Smart junction box (Fuse box next to passenger side console) for any blown fuses. A blown fuse can cause problems with the transceiver, ignition switch, instrument cluster or PCM.

GaryG

This service will identify

This service will identify changes to a system that violate a formal security policy for example, if a rogue administrator grants himself or herself too much access to a system. In short, it measures compliance to a technical risk model. Car tracker