+ Reply to Thread

2008 Civic stopped turn off at stops?

I new to the Honda hybrid and for the last 2 month ever thing worked good. I did not drive it for 2 weeks. I let me brother drive it being from out of town. He loves the car. I ask how do you like it turning off the engine at stop lights? He says It's has never don't that. I drove it to night and he was right.
    The car has 72k. It makes me just want to turn it off for a reboot like my computer. Before under 7mph to stop the engine would turn off. As soon as the brake was released the engine fires back up. No fuss just worked fine. Now slowing to a stop the engine rpm's fall as if it will turn of yet no. Rpm's will fall to 600.
    Could someone help here as I'm not sure what to do.
    Thanks
    T

I drove it to night and he

I drove it to night and he was right.
    The car has 72k. It makes me just want to turn it off for a reboot like my computer.LLA Tech

Is the fan blower on? for

Is the fan blower on? for inside, like heater or A/C? if the blower is on, the motor WILL NOT shut off unless the ECON button is pushed. Or, if the vehicle is really cold it will continue to run until it reaches proper operating temp.

I thought that the auto

I thought that the auto cutout should work all teh time, not just when the car's up to temperature? web design in barrow