+ Reply to Thread

Mandatory emission recall to renew car registration for Honda Civic Hybrid

Hi folks,

I went to DMV today to renew my Honda Civic Hybrid 2003 registration and they gave me this Emission Recall #R83 request to complete my renewal. I hear this is a software update to IMA the battery. Lately I have been hearing a lot of bad news about how a recent software update degrades MPG of car and I am so much hesitant of doing this update. Another fact is that Honda is doing a big class action about IMA battery issues as well which makes me feel even worse that DMV is forcing this update. Does anyone have some experiences about this? Do I have any choices to avoid this damn update? Or is this update completely different and I will be safe?

Thanks!
    H

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Please don't update cause it

Please don't update cause it will kill your ima battery I had been working for Honda for 20 years and they won't help me with ima battery cause I have 200k miles While I update software and I have to buy new battery from new York for $2300

Please don't update cause it

Please don't update cause it will kill your ima battery I had been working for Honda for 20 years and they won't help me with ima battery cause I have 200k miles While I update software and I have to buy new battery from new York for $2300