+ Reply to Thread

CA Extended Warranty On Hybrid Battery

CA vs Nevada Extended warranty

Has anyone read their extended warranty and can verify if it is true that CA offers a longer extended warranty on the hybrid battery, 150,000 miles, and 10 years, instead of 100,000?

If CA is longer, does it state if buyer has to be a CA resident, or just buy Prius in CA to qualify for longer warranty?

Thanks

CA Extended Warranty On Hybrid Battery

It is true. And my understanding, based on correspondence with CARB, is that you qualify by purchasing the vehicle in California--not residency.

This has always been one good thing about Kalifornia(Arnie Speak). The auto makers don`t get away with murder here as much as elsewhere in the country.

i have a 06' escape hybrid

i have a 06' escape hybrid w/80,000 do the same laws apply to ford as do with toyota in california? 150,000 as opposed to 100,000 miles?

I own a 2001 Prius which has

I own a 2001 Prius which has 102,000 miles on the odometer. I recently had the dealer replace the hybrid battery because he recommended it was needed. I was told that this should have been done for free unter the state of California extended warrenty. Is this true?/

Is this guarantee still true

Is this guarantee still true for a 2001 Prius?

Where can I find proof that

Where can I find proof that all AT PZEV purchased in California have that warranty? I need to know so I can have the battery serviced.

What agency do we contact to

What agency do we contact to find out if this is still true for 2012? Our 2005 Toyota Prius with 107,000 miles is at the dealer and this is what they told us it needs!...to the tune of $4900.00 OUCH!