+ Reply to Thread

Pending Class Action settlement

I am curious to hear from people who own Honda Civic Hybrids and what they are doing with respect to accepting or opting out of the class action settlement. Lots of news lately about this regarding a small claims case in the news - take a look at www.dontsettlewithhonda.org to find out more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I am a 2007 Honda hybrid

I am a 2007 Honda hybrid with defective battery owner, and a class action lawyer. I plan to object to the settlement because it is an awful deal for people like me with real battery problems above and beyond gas mileage issues (intermittent sluggish performance, total failures, etc). I have a big firm to represent me in the objection. I would like to talk to hybrid owners experiencing similar problems as me. Email me at peter@peterfredmanlaw.com

I have a 2004 Civic Hybrid.

I have a 2004 Civic Hybrid. Both the engine and IMA lights are on. They turned on about 7 months but I continued to drive it with no difference in performance and the lights went out for 4 months. They came back on again a few weeks ago. I received the proposed settlement info. from Honda that if the court (date set for March but could change) agrees to the settlement offer, that the warranty and mileage will be extended 12 months, or 12000 miles. THey will reimburse you if you paid to have it replaced. I am very hesitant to go ahead and pay 2-3 thousand dollars now, hoping the settlement goes through because if it doesn't... Also, I am wondering if the current effort to sign a petition at "don't settle with Honda" will kill the proposed warranty extension. Would love to hear other thoughts on this.

I have a 2004 Civic Hybrid.

I have a 2004 Civic Hybrid. Both the engine and IMA lights are on. They turned on about 7 months but I continued to drive it with no difference in performance and the lights went out for 4 months. They came back on again a few weeks ago. I received the proposed settlement info. from Honda that if the court (date set for March but could change) agrees to the settlement offer, that the warranty and mileage will be extended 12 months, or 12000 miles. THey will reimburse you if you paid to have it replaced. I am very hesitant to go ahead and pay 2-3 thousand dollars now, hoping the settlement goes through because if it doesn't... Also, I am wondering if the current effort to sign a petition at "don't settle with Honda" will kill the proposed warranty extension. Would love to hear other thoughts on this.

Look at all of the comments

Look at all of the comments from the people who signed my petition to urge all 50 state attorney generals to object to the class action settlement - and please sign the petition too (you don't even have to be a Honda owner, just someone who believes in fairness) -
    http://www.change.org/petitions/dead...o-object-21112

Hi, I recently started

Hi,

I recently started noticing that the IMA light on my 2005 HCH is on and the 12 V battery light has also began to flicker. The Honda dealer in my city told me that it would cost around 3000 dollars to replace the IMA battery. This seems impossible for me with my graduate student salary and that is when I started searching online about civic hybrid batteries.
    I am amazed at the large number of people who have experienced similar problems! I feel it is great that there is such a class action settlement going on and I hope it goes through!!

Can anyone tell me that what can I do on my part? Does one have to sign some kind of docs to be eligible for the extended warranty or it will be applicable to all HCH owners??

I have opted out already and

I have opted out already and plan to file a suit. It's $58 to do so in Virginia.

Hi to everyone who seems to

Hi to everyone who seems to be in a similar boat as I with this Honda Civic Hybrid issue. I bought my 2006 brand new "so that I had thought and hoped" I would not have to deal with these types of issues with my vehicle. I had put my trust into the world renowned brand of "Honda", thinking that it meant "trust of quality"! I have experienced exactly the same issues with my car as Peter has shared and have taken it to my local dealer numerous times, only to be told that the vehicle is running correctly as a Hybrid was made to. Then recently my car became even more sluggish than usual and I was having to have my car jump started after only having it sit in my driveway overnight and the IMA light came on. I took it straight to the dealer, they said that the IMA battery was no good and replaced it. At this point I was so thankful that I had gotten my extended warranty coverage. This is I believe the third time it has replaced. As of 12/30/11 my car mileage reads 43,389 miles. This is ridiculous! I am a transplant recipient, I live on an extremely tight fixed income and I absolutely need a reliable vehicle. This is what I had thought I was buying when I purchased my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid new. This is definitely not so. I received the class action info. but I am so confused as to what I should do? I feel like I am screwed no matter what I do! I am asking for some honest, knowledgeable guidance in how to help myself in this mess. Thanks!