+ Reply to Thread

2007 Mariner Fuel Economy Suddenly Tanked After Service - Monitoring System?

I have a 2007 Mariner Hybrid & have had no problems other than routine maintenance until recently. Just over 60K miles.

About 2 weeks ago, got "STOP SAFELY NOW" message. Was diagnosed with bad electric engine coolant pump. Paid $317 parts and $300 labor to have replaced. At same time had 60K maintenance performed.

Just picked up my Mariner last night and the fuel economy monitor in the NAV system is going crazy. It shows incredibly low MPH and even when I am sitting at a stop light, the MPH will change. Over the past 5 years I've averaged 25 MPH around town with my snow tires on (better in summer). Now I'm getting - according to the monitor - 11, 9 or 0 MPH. Have reset repeatedly.

Called the dealership back and they said they did a software upgrade to the vehicle and I should drive it for 100 miles and see if the monitor returns to normal function. Sounds suspect to me...

Either my fuel economy has disappeared or the monitor is hosed...either way will be headed back to the dealership on Monday.

Anyone else ever seen this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Check the tire pressure, the

Check the tire pressure, the first thing these people do is lower the pressure so you will return needing tires shortly. Higher tire pressure reduces wear and improves handling and traction. I run over Max sidewall 5 to 10psi and love the wear, MPG, handling and don't need replacing my tires every 30,000 miles.