+ Reply to Thread

Battery Failure (Battery or Computer) and Cost to replace

I have a 2007 Camry Hybrid. I have 251,000 on the odometer and had to change my brakes for the first time at 240,000 kms. My big problem is that the hybrid system has now gone down three times. The first time was just after the warranty had expired. The message says "Check Hybrid System" and while the car still operates the Hybrid system is completely off-line which includes the cruise control. The first two incidents Toyota reset the computer codes because I can not afford the $6,000 to replace the battery pack (there are a number of internet posts that would indicate that the cost is in fact $3,000). I have also read that the cause of the failure may be the computer.

Questyions:
    1. Any thoughts on the cause of the battery failure?
    2. Cost to replace.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

1. if you battery pack

1. if you battery pack fails, car becomes inoperable. MG starts the engine and, also, propels car in reverse.
    so, is your vehicle inoperable or not?
    2. you can buy battery pack for much less than $3000 used. MUCH LESS. there's very little market for them due to their reliability. as far as donor car was not rear ended.
    2. "check hybrid system" can be caused by various reasons. including bad 12V battery. which at this mileage (sorry, I'm in mileage country) is quite possible.
    3. you need to determine BEYOND ANY DOUBT what is going on with that car. I am assuming you are in Ca, and from other forums, it almost sounds like Ca dealership are clueless on HSD-s. You are not the 1st one to deal with incompetent technicians at a dealership that I am aware of.

Hi there, Would anyone know

Hi there,
    Would anyone know what would be the best way to keep my toyota camry hybrid car to start after say 4 to 5 weeks of no use?
    Or for that matter if someone did start the car say once a week for say 5-10 minutes would that suffice to keep its battery charged until we get back to use the car daily?
    Really anxious since its a new car and not got any help from toyota regarding this?
    Thanks
    Harry

reports are that TCH can sit

reports are that TCH can sit for 3 weeks with no start ups and does fine. make sure your main battery is fully charged. DO NOT disconnect auxiliary battery.

reports are that TCH can sit

reports are that TCH can sit for 3 weeks with no start ups and does fine. make sure your main battery is fully charged. DO NOT disconnect auxiliary battery.

The first two incidents

The first two incidents Toyota reset the computer codes because I can not afford the $6,000 to replace the battery pack (there are a number of internet posts that would indicate that the cost is in fact $3,000).Network Blog