+ Reply to Thread

Good Balanced Battery still getting p1433

Hello,

Im currently having some problems with my HCH 2005. I purchased this vehicle a month ago and knowing the vehicle has been sitting for a while, I removed the hybrid battery. I dismantled it and cycled the sticks 5 times using a teamcheckpoint cycler. Its red. The sticks ranged from 5900ma-6100ma but held their charged. After cycling all the sticks, i reinstalled them, shuffling from bottom to top to even heat damage. After cycling, I installed the battery and the battery level is full. I drove down the street, assist came on for 3 seconds, and the ima light came on again, p1433. The vehicle still auto stops and charges only 4 bars. The vehicle also starts on the ima motor, not the starter. If I continue to drive, the soc jumps up and down from empty to full. Is this a battery issue or something more since I cycled the sticks with great results. Let me know what you think

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

With the code's erased, the

With the code's erased, the car will drive around the block with no dtc's, no assist, 4 bars of charge (which is erratic), a full battery and autostop works. If I continue to drive a couple miles, the ima and engine light will come on with no charges to anything other then it wont charge, and the soc will go from empty to full every minute or two, WITHOUT THE CAR CHARGING. Its not like it attempts to assist or charge the battery, when the lights are on, so the soc going from full to empty is not because the battery is being used.. Is it possible its the BCM???

To add one note, I have vibrations throughout the vehicle.. The transmission was broken so I assumed that was the culprit. I rebuilt the transmission myself, repaired the destroyed bearing and rebuilt the cvt belt. After reinstalling, the vibration still occurred. So I replaced the flywheel as that was damaged aswell. Hoping that was going to fix the vibrations, which it didnt.. Now the manual says theres only two thing left that can cause vibration. Either damaged IMA or Damaged IMA sensor plate. Is it possible that the ima motor is shorting out or arching, causing this code to be issued?

Dear Sir\ Madam, I bought a

Dear Sir\ Madam,
    I bought a Hybrid Honda Civic 2006 a year ago. the battery gave me 80% at the computer check.But now I face a problem which is the charging of the battery. It gives a full charging quickly and discharging as well. sometimes it shows normal charging and discharging. Please advise me soon since I live in Jordan and there aren't too many dealers I can trust. I love my Honda. Best regards

I have a 2006 Honda Hybrid-

I have a 2006 Honda Hybrid- recently removed 12V battery terminals to clean (maintenace) and now notice more erratic movement of battery charging rate. Will this correct itself as I drive or am I experiencing early battery failure?