+ Reply to Thread

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid IMA problem

Today my wife is driving the 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid (automatic transmission, mileage=47752) and she found that

1. The IMA light is on
    2. The check engine light is on
    3. The battery charger light is on
    4. The AC in the car does not work. (I turned it on but no cool air comes out)
    5. The Battery on the right side of IMA ( I think that it is the indicator of IMA battery capacity) is TOTALLY empty.

I have to give me car to her and I drove this car home. It was fine two days ago, I did not drive it for 2 days and I parked it in my garage. It is very hot (we are in Wichita, and it is 105 degrees outside, the garage inside is probably hotter).

I decide to take it to the dealer to let them check it, but anyone here on the forum can point me the direction?

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I've been reading up on this

I've been reading up on this car alot cause i'm getting ready to buy one today. You are still within your warranty so take it to a Honda dealership and they'll replace the IMA batter pack free. It's something that ALL hybrids have a problem with.

I purchased a 2004 Honda

I purchased a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid with 120,000 for my daughter two months ago. I took the car to the Honda dealership for an extensive check to include the 90,000 service and new spark plugs (didn't know the hybrid spark plus cost so much). Soon after i started to have repeated problems with the IMA and check engine light coming on and the assist not working while driving. The car sits a lot because my daughter is not a road warrior. Each trip back to the dealer requried a new computer diagnostic run (only paid for the 1st one) followed by several updates applied to the car. I'm now on my 4th trip back and totally frustrated. I fear the battery pack is on its last leg. your opinion please.

We've been hybrid owners

We've been hybrid owners since July 04. Our Civic had issues when we first purchased it and it took 5 to 6 trips before the problem was corrected. I was told that the service team had to drive the car while one of the other technicians sat in the passenger seat and used a laptop to adjust / input data while he was on the phone with a Honda engineer in Tokyo. After that we had little problem with the IMA system.
    160,000 miles later we had the dealer prepare it for the emissions test, and now it's not working right, (if its not broke don't fix it). I found out there had been a "software update". I think the Civic is the best Hybrid out there. In my opinion most, if not all the service technicians have not experienced the hybrid enough to know how it works best. You have to drive it to learn it's character.

Hybrid BMW's are a good news

Hybrid BMW's are a good news for the forever fans of BMW. Not anyone can afford a BMW and that's because BMW are strong heavy power cars with a relatively high fuel consumption. Let's hope the fuel consumption part will soon change, that would make the

In addition to it not

In addition to it not handling well in snow, the mileage drops drastically when temperatures are below 60F. It can easily drop into the mid 40s. So the point of having a hi-mileage

I'm owner of honda civid 04

I'm owner of honda civid 04 hybrid,I did read all problems about this car,my car have a p1433 and p1600 codes troubles,the car is running really fast,I have a scanner and I reset the lights when they come on,but when the lights come on again I feel a little fault when I start to celerate,after that,the car work so good,my cuestion is... is possible repair it?

I have a 2004 HCH with

I have a 2004 HCH with 147,000 miles on it. It's a 5-speed manual transmission. I have had no problems with the IMA systems what so ever. In fact until I have had to have the sway bar links replaced recently I had no major repairs done to the car at all, outside of normal maintenance.