+ Reply to Thread

2003 Honda civic hybrid (Electrical problem)

I have a 2003 hybrid and the wiring harness cought on fire. I was told by the mechanic that the floor wiring harness needs to be replaced. Would another honda civic (not a hybrid) wiring harness work? Or does it have to be specifically for hybrids? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

It may be due to the starter

It may be due to the starter shorted and causes the wiring harness to caught on fire. You should check this out and I think other honda civic wiring harness would work!

Might be similar trouble I

Might be similar trouble I just experienced - IMA light comes on when driving and if parked during the night or after some hours, has to be jump started. After 2 trips to dealer, discovered there is "parasitic battery drain" problem published by Honda in which weakening 12v battery can cause IMA draw with subsequent relay(s) failure - I have 03 HCH with 62K. Resolution seems to be replacing 12v battery and relay(s).

I m Auto electrictrisian.and

I m Auto electrictrisian.and i have a problem in civic Hybrid.
    means that it's have stop batry recharging system and no one can know about this.
    so please show us that how can it's willbe start batry recharging system.
    so we shallbe very thankfull of you.
    Nazir Iqbal
    from swat pakistan

I m Auto electrictrisian.and

I m Auto electrictrisian.and i have a problem in civic Hybrid.
    means that it's have stop batry recharging system and no one can know about this.
    so please show us that how can it's willbe start batry recharging system.
    so we shallbe very thankfull of you.
    Nazir Iqbal
    from swat pakistan

Im having problem with my

Im having problem with my 2003 honda when im driving the car starts to turn off all the lights and the streo and a light that has 3 letter eps and the car turn off and wont turn on can some one tell me what they think it is