+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: hybrid vans

hybrid vans

Is there any hybrid vans in the works?

hybrid vans

Yes!

Toyota, of course, is planning to sell the Previa hybrid in 2006. They're already running around in Japan and getting fantastic reviews. Currently there are two models, one has been around longer but is smaller than a current Previa, the other is basically a current Previa w/hybrid drivetrain. The latter is what is expected to be imported to the U.S. I read a review of this vehicle by an American living in Japan and his bottom line was, "this is the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Can't wait!

hybrid vans

Daimler will sell a limited number of hybrid Sprinter vans. Some of them will be plug-in hybrids, with the possibility to drive about 20 miles on electricity onlly.

Renault sells its small hybrid Kangoo vans. In fact they are electric cars with a generator on board. For now, they are only for sale in France.

hybrid vans

mcmeurer@pacbell.net

Please make sure the van height inside the car high enough for a person 6'5", and it is an AWD or 4X4, over 270 hp. Otherwise it won't be very usefull to many people who travel to the snow/desert, etc.

Sincerely,
    mcmeurer

hybrid vans

I am excited about the possiblity of hybrid vans. I own a toyota prius and would love to have a hybrid van for my wife. She currently drives a Honda Odyessy and loves it. Maybe Honda could build the Odyessy Van as a hybrid! SOLD!!

hybrid vans

I would love to drive a hybrid but haven't seen one I can drive. I'm disabled and drive from a wheelchair.

Has anyone seen an accessible van?

hybrid vans

Can't wait. Need the space of the van. Am short & love being able to sit above the "normal" traffic.

hybrid vans

Seating is very important. 9 seats is preferred, 8 seats would be great, 7 seats sufficient but anything less is unacceptable. Can't wait for those hybrid vans to hit the dealerships. I'll need a new car soon but may be forced to buy a non-hybrid van if they don't hurry!

hybrid vans

Get a sprinter diesel. I think they can hold upto 12 people, but certainly the 8-9 you need.

hybrid vans

I'm not overly fond of the Sienna.There's nothing distinguishable about its looks. The Previa was an outstanding looking vehicle in my opinion, but it had horrible crash ratings, which ultimately prevented me from geting one. I still drool every time I see one. Yes, drool... Does anybody know how the current Estimas and Previas are in this regard? I think it would be fantastic if we could get either of these vehicles as a hybrid here in the U.S., but I'm not overly optimistic. Our government doesn't want to accept how many drivers want a hybrid vehicle becuase they want to keep pushing oil at us and destroying the planet. Maybe they'll come to see hybrids as the wave of the future and get on the bandwagon soon. In the meantime I think we should bombard Toyota with emails and such and let them know what we want. It certainly can't hurt.