+ Reply to Thread

new owner '04 HCH MT

Have enjoyed first 2 weeks of ownership so far. Averaged 49 mpg on 500 mile road trip with family. Wife getting 34 mpg on her stop-and-go commute. She's still driving it like our old 1.6 Vtec Civic and needs to adjust to the new style of the 1.3/IMA.

I am wondering is there a way to tell which firmware this has without going to a dealer? Or do I want to make sure it has the latest firmware update?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Type-o in original post.

Type-o in original post. Wife is get 43 MPG, not 34! Thankfully.

The dealer will provide that

The dealer will provide that info for free anyway. Also I have owned this car for about 10,000 miles. I have the 03 civic hybrid, make sure you change the transmission fluids. Also its not a good idea to have the battery discharged more than 3 bars from the top when you come home or get to work. To get the best mileage out of these cars when coming to a stop hold the brake for the maxium charge until you come to a stop. Its better if you coast the rest of the way. When you accellerate use about 4 bars of assist. Consistently when driving at about 45 mph you can get a milage of at least 60 which is what I am getting currently. if you have any questions email me at tinujatinpatel@gmail.com