+ Reply to Thread

Extended Warranty

I am nearing 36000 miles on my 2006 MMH. I am considering purchasing the Ford Extended Warranty on it. I can get a 4 year 60,000 mile warranty for $980. (www.ford-esp.com)

It is the 113 Extra Care Package (https://www.ford-esp.com/genuineserv..._ExtraCare.pdf) and it seems pretty decent for the price.

What i am concerned about is that the information does not appear to provide coverage for the hybrid components.

Can anyone give any insight to if this is covered, things like the High Voltage battery, coolant system related to the hybrid, and other hybrid components not found on traditional cars?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Labbett Family View Post

What i am concerned about is that the information does not appear to provide coverage for the hybrid components.

Can anyone give any insight to if this is covered, things like the High Voltage battery, coolant system related to the hybrid, and other hybrid components not found on traditional cars?

Thanks!
    I understand it as the drivetrain and all hybrid components are covered by a 8 year 100,000 mile warranty. I believe in California the hybrid warranty is bumped up to 150,000 miles for 10 years. I do not know why California gets a better deal. As for the 3 year, 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, this starts the date the first owner titled the vehicle regardless of year.

Questions? Are you planning to use the dealer to service the vehicle or "other" mechanic(s)? You need to talk with the dealership or your mechanic about the warranty prior to purchasing. They may have experience and insight with this warranty plan.

I don't know if this helps. Good luck. I might be doing something similar in 34 months.

Warranty

The current hybrid warranty is 8 yrs/100,000 on all the hybrid unique components. If this was the warranty on your 2006, it would raise a question as to what significant components the extended warranty would cover.

The thing to keep in mind is that extended warranties are actually insurance policies and like all insurance, they are statistically calculated to make a profit for the insurer. They take the average cost of covered service, add a profit margin and price the warranty. As a result, if you take good care of your car and can accept the risk that there is a small chance you may have major cost in the future, don't buy a warranty. If a failure could bankrupt you, maybe you should.

I never buy extended warranties on anything. I lost track years ago when I was about $50,000 ahead.

it was made a lot of

it was made a lot of publicity to hybrid car. now my question is if the car insurance for a hybrid car is less than a normal gasoline car. they are more friendly with the environment so a discount it will be honest.

I don`t know why but I

I don`t know why but I remarked that car insurance companies prices for hybrid cars are higher than gasoline cars. I have a friend that has a hybrid car and his High Voltage battery failed. The insurance company did not provide coverage for hybrid components, so he had to pay from his own pocket. I recommend you to call the insurance company and ask about that, they will surely give you an answer.