+ Reply to Thread

Charging System Issuse

First a little background

HCH I, CVT, 2003

Battery Pack was replaced around 95,000 Miles. Note: there was never a battery problem. Turned out to be a bad relay. But it was all under warranty and I got a free battery so I never complained.

Present Day:

My car has been running great and Iím now at 160k Miles. The other night the 12Volt Battery Light came on and then the car died. If this had been a regular car I would have sworn it was the alternator. If you charge the 12V battery the car will run for a little while and then die.

Here is the crazy part though. There are no check engine lights nor has the IMA light came on. So I take that to mean the battery pack is just fine. In addition the pack is not that old.

Any thoughts? I have a buddy who is a former Honda Mechanic. Him and a buddy of his who still works at Honda took a look at it. Their conclusion is that I should replace/rebuild the battery but they fully admit that the problem has them stumped.

The next step is taking it to the Honda dealershipÖ.But frankly they are not too good with hybrids. They already replace the battery pack once when it was not a problem. Iím trying to educate myself a little before paying them a visit.

Also does anyone know what the warranty is on my replaced battery pack? Do I get another 80k Miles?

Jacob

mine is the 2007honda civic

mine is the 2007honda civic hybrid and all of a sudden the battery light shows and the battery runs flat and up till now, i was told it was the alternator and the alternator is no where to be found till a good mech came and removed it.

problem is i need to know where i can get a new alternator for the 2006/2007 honda civic hybrid because it is different from other cars

your battery pack just fine

your battery pack just fine the only thing your car want is a new 12v battery
    when you replace it you should drive the car for at least 10 miles at 2500-3000 rpm to let the computer retrieve the normal codes for your car

Appreciate the advice. We

Appreciate the advice. We did try that but the car still mysteriously dies. The darn thing is sitting dead in my driveway right now. Right now our only option it letting honda randomly replace parts till they fix it......Not really happy about that option.

the IMA system charge the 12

the IMA system charge the 12 volt battery if there is any problem with it the 12 volt battery will not operate i think you should check the ABS system because it is responsible for the electrical power

the IMA system charge the 12 volt battery if there is any problem with it the 12 volt battery will not operate i think you should check the ABS system because it is responsible for the electrical power