+ Reply to Thread

Brake Fluid Mysteriously vanishes...

This just seems so bizarre but it is happening. About a week after I got my HEV the low brake fluid warning came on. I added nearly a pint to top it to max. The next day I drove over to the dealer and asked them to check it out as it seemed strange that it could get low like that. They looked at it and said that when they changed the brakes they turned the rotors down and the mechanic probably did not add fluid when they finished. No problems no leaks though.

On the way home today the light came on again. I popped the hood and sure enough it is below the low line. There are no fluid slicks it my driveway and from what I could tell looking around the calipers there is no trace of any fluid leak.

If anyone finds my 2 pints of fluid laying around or might have any idea where it is going, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

[url=http://sv_gravity_all.co

[url=http://sv_gravity_all.com[/url] - best staite.

Just added yet another

Just added yet another pint... Where is this stuff going?

I have the same problem. My

I have the same problem. My mechanic told me to replace the brake fluid filler cap.

Just got this fixed. The

Just got this fixed. The washer where the brake hose mounts to the caliper was leaking.

if you have insured your car

if you have insured your car then you need not to worry about that i hope you insured your car as well

the brake fluid is probably

the brake fluid is probably leaking into the brake fluid booster so get you mechanic to pull it appart and you probably will find the brake booster filling up with fluid if there is no other leaks. as i am a mechanic myself. also try looking inside the car if the fluid is going there as well. another thing may be happening is maybe the fluid is boiling off depending on how hard you drive. another thing it could be is the abs module is not been bleed up properly and so it is self bleeding which may require a special bleeding sequence.