+ Reply to Thread

Towing with 2005 Prius

I know that the warranty forbids towing with the Prius, but has anyone tried towing anyway? I want to tow a light teardrop trailer with my Prius (the one I found is about 80lbs tongue weight and 500lbs unloaded/800lbs loaded).

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Towing with 2005 Prius

You HAVE to be kidding me - apparently you don't understand Prius HEVs...they are good for FE (when they aren't on the roadside. Forget it - buy a Ford/Chev/Dodge V8...

Towing with 2005 Prius

Look at your Prius maint. book carefully and you will find a schedule for oil changes for "towing". According to the Prius Group at Toyota in Torrance, CA, towing with a "properly equipped" Prius does not automatically void the warranty. I installed the CoastalTech hitch on my 05' Prius and have had warranty work at my dealer without comment.

I plan to try towing a T@B trailer. Seems like a good fit.

We are the largest

We are the largest distributor of teardrop camping trailers, we have Toyota Prius's that pull our trailers all the time. Check our site out!

Want to get a Teardrop

Want to get a Teardrop wondering if the Prius can pull it whats your website?

OK, so I am not talking

OK, so I am not talking about towing anything heavy, just to get that out of the way. I have seen some tow hitches for these and I just purchased a Prius C. Milwaukee Moving Company