+ Reply to Thread

I'm Leaving Electric Hybrid Cars Forever!

I bought my 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid in January 2006 with 50,000 miles on it. It is now January 2011 and I have 264,000 miles on it. I replaced my original hybrid battery pack in December 2008 at 180,000 miles with a used battery pack that already had 64,000 miles on it. The car was running fine and the battery was working good too. Granted, I only paid $625 for it and I installed it myself. I now need to replace it again even though the car runs fine and the battery still operates correctly. This is why I had to replace my battery pack in 2008 and why I have to replace it now...

I lived in AZ in 2008 and their emissions test included an OBDII scan. My engine light was on because I had codes P1600 and P1449 which indicated I needed to replace my hybrid battery pack, even though it was still working properly. Since the emissions laws of AZ didn't care that my car actually put out less emissions than other cars and they only cared about my engine light on, I replaced my hybrid battery pack. Even though the hybrid battery pack has nothing to do with what comes out of the exhaust, the state laws still required me to replace the battery pack. I now live in Texas and their laws are requiring me to do the same thing.

Since common sense has left this area of the law, I am now getting rid of my fuel efficient (I consistently get 45-55 miles per gallon) and almost zero emissions vehicle and going to buy a gas guzzler that spits out more emissions than what people would think is healthy.

I will forever refuse to own or promote owning a hybrid electric vehicle unless the laws change to actually test what comes out of my tailpipe, regardless if my hybrid electric battery needs to be replaced!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Right on. Screw the

Right on. Screw the ecosystem - you've got an obscure personal score to settle.

(No subject)

The Trojan JS Agent bhr is a Trojan virus program that can infiltrate your computer system and severely hamper your computer's functionality and working. It is rated as a high-risk security threat and has become extremely widespread in recent times. The Trojan JS Agent bhr spreads via instant messaging communication programs and servers on the World Wide Web. Chat communication programs on a variety of servers and websites such as MSN Chat and Gtalk can act as platforms for the Trojan to spread through. It was first recognized in May 2010 and has since then become an active problems for computers across the globe. It is in the form of a virus file created as a DLL file in the C language.
    This article is provided by http://elitewebhost.net Dept security
    Learning to remove Trojan JS Agent bhr files is important because it can not only cause your computer's working to deteriorate but it also allows unwanted parties access to your files and processes.

Begin by disabling the System Restore settings. The computer will keep reverting to a certain saved point of settings unless you do this and this constant process will hamper your proceeding with the virus removal. So the first step is to choose to temporarily disable the System Restore option in your computer.

The next step is to restart your computer. Rebooting is essential to allow the new settings to kick in and also, since the changes have to be made in SafeMode you need to reboot and select the SafeMode. When the computer is rebooting continue to press on the F8 key repeatedly before Windows is launched to open the page with different loading options. You can scroll through the different modes using the arrow keys.

The next step is to search the different files in the computer that are associated to the Trojan JS Agent bhr program. You can do this by running a reliable anti-virus scan on the 'Full Scan' mode. Once the scan is over you can choose to 'Show Results' and then manually check all the associated files before clicking on 'Remove Selected'.
    http://elitewebhost.net Dept security
    You should also stop any ongoing processes in the computer by going to the Task Manager and the going to the Processes tab. The Processes will list all the current activities in the computer and you can find, select and stop each of the individual processes associated with Trojan JS Agent bhr
    Webmaster
    http://elitewebhost.net Dept security
    Web Hosting Instructions
    Web domains. Hosting. Content.
    Goto http://elitewebhost.net
    These are the three top priorities for any webmaster, regardless of how experienced they are. Unfortunately, these three essentials often leave people in the dark, as there are dozens of companies offering the

you are absolutely correct,

you are absolutely correct, i've been asking myself the past 7 years why does it matter what the light says just check the stupid tailpipe already. had to unplug it and drive it around before the test just to avoid whatever the light was harping about.

you are absolutely correct, i've been asking myself the past 7 years why does it matter what the light says just check the stupid tailpipe already. had to unplug it and drive it around before the test just to avoid whatever the light was harping about.

My engine light was on

My engine light was on because I had codes P1600 and P1449 which indicated I needed to replace my hybrid battery pack,TuxNews

Thank you for the well

Thank you for the well written article. I have never been a hybrid car fan, but this really proved the point. Just go with the gasoline as long as it lasts...
    Sam33

The plug-in-electric-vehicle

The plug-in-electric-vehicle (PEV) is becoming more and more common. It has the range needed in locations where there are wide gaps with no services. The batteries can be plugged in to house (mains) electricity for charging, as well being charged while the engine is running.Movers