+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

My wife and I bought a Honda

My wife and I bought a Honda certified used 09 Civic Hybrid with 38,000 miles on it. Everything was great for the first tank of gas, we got 45 mpg. The next tank of gas it dropped to 35 mpg. The third tank we were down to 26-27 mpg. Took it in to the dealer and they did a software update. It didn't change the mileage. Since then we have been back to the dealer numerous times and still no solution. Honda America basically said go screw yourself. I am SO disappointed with this car. We have had it a few months now and it is getting 26-27 mpg. I could have kept my SUV and gotten the same or better out of it. This car totally sucks and I will NEVER by another Honda hybrid. I tell every person I run into not to purchase a Honda hybrid. I am still debating on whether I want to go through the trouble of taking Honda to small claims court. A class action lawsuit isn't the answer. Nothing gets back to us the owners. Each of us needs to take them to small claims court. I would be willing to bet all of sudden something will get done with these cars at that point.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I also had the software

I also had the software ?upgrade?, because using the car in the Summer was causing the main battery to not charge and since the change, the battery stays charged BUT my gas mileage has depleted considerably. I didn't notice a difference in power.

Sell My Car Toronto

I have an '09 with 53k miles

I have an '09 with 53k miles on it. In November '11 I had the ima light and engine light come on. After a software update condition continued. Also notice car regened all the time and the backup starter was being used. Dealer replaced battery.

Samething started happening last week. It's at the dealer today. They called me to tell me that they were replacing the battery. I said fine, but did they noticed they replaced it a year ago. They went back a did a little more digging.

They came back a couple of hours later to tell me that there was a batch of replacment batteries shipped in the fall of '11 that have a known issue. Came from the factory tech they contacted. The batteries that are currently in their wharehouse channel are a newer vintage and with the issue resolved. This didn't take any pushing, just asking them to make sure.

For the last 6 months we have been averaging 40-45 mpg in mostly urban rush hour driving. 80 miles round trip. This is after software upgrades. New LRR Good Year tires seem to have goosed that number up just a little.

I just had to have the

I just had to have the battery pack replaced in my 2009 honda civic. I was lucky, it died at 63000 miles, so I got a new one under warranty. I am getting rid of this car. Won't touch another Honda again. Plus I'll get no additional warranty on the new battery pack because it was replaced under warranty.