+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

I just got off the phone

I just got off the phone with Honda reporting these exact problems that occurred after the service up, the IMA battery and the transmission have been replace and still have the same problems as you describe. We will see what they will do, but from what I have read, doesn't sound like they will do much. A class action is NOT a good idea, you will only get a few hundred dollars while the lawyers get millions. Start with complaining to the BBB and Consumer Reports.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I just got off the phone

I just got off the phone with Honda reporting these exact problems that occurred after the service up, the IMA battery and the transmission have been replace and still have the same problems as you describe. We will see what they will do, but from what I have read, doesn't sound like they will do much. A class action is NOT a good idea, you will only get a few hundred dollars while the lawyers get millions. Start with complaining to the BBB and Consumer Reports.

I sympathize with the

I sympathize with the problems here. Honda was my main car supplier for many years. My last car was a 2000 Insight and it served me well, at 180,000 miles the HV battery failed and Honda replaced it for free,I took the car to about 270,000 miles and it was running fine when I sold it. I like Honda's but when they went to the larger HCH using the mild hybrid approach (IMA), I was nervous about the CVT, having heard about later Insight CVT's not doing as well as the 5 speed I had ( 70 mpg summers BTW, lmpg of 61). When I went looking in 2010 I compared the new Insight, the Golf TDI and the Prius . I had not like the Prius Gen 1 ( sedan) but liked the hatch back Gen 2&3. Took them all out for a 30 mile runs and compared mpgs, the Prius won by 10 mpg. Bought it new for 22K$. Since then I have studied its working and the battery management system with its clever No transmission design, both systems Elec and ICE working together and the better cooling system, lmpg is now 57 at 41,000 miles . I like Honda we own a 2009 Fit 5 spd which my wife averages 48 lmpg on. No complaints - great car. But the HCH hybrid is fraught with problems as documented here. Honda will have to address them sooner rather than later, I hope for all the posters here it is sooner. Its not the brand its the particular model.

Bought my HCH09 in Dec 09

Bought my HCH09 in Dec 09 and it now has 49K miles. Have always been disappointed with mileage as I never got better than avg 33 mpg . I think an IMA software upgrade was probably done before I drove it off the lot. Had to replace the regular battery after a year (covered by warranty and it's possible they did another software update at that time) and have had 3 new sets of tires. Today the IMA light came on so I googled it and found this forum. Ack. Not looking forward to dealing with this but warranty materials show that the IMA battery should be covered. I've noticed the battery was very low when starting lately (past week) but seemed to charge up quickly and ac and auto idle stop have been working ok.

Wow....I was able to

Wow....I was able to mitigate the IMS and engine light several months ago by ensuring the gas cap is 'tight'....but now it's started up. Getting ~40 mpg, but have noticed acceleration is a little sluggish....this forum has me afraid to take to dealer, but I'll keep you all posted...

I just bought this car a few

I just bought this car a few weeks ago. Have not even made my first payment yet. No lights have come on but I am only averaging 35 MPG. I called Honda yesterday and am waiting on a return call. I am extremely frustrated especially since I am just reading this for the first time. Luckily I got the bumper to bumper until 93k miles but I expected better out of a Honda!

Im going to do what LCS said and complain to Consumer Reports and the BBB. If anyone wants an attempt at a class action suit I would definitely consider it...

I bought my 2009 Civic

I bought my 2009 Civic hybrid just a few weeks ago with 35k miles. I have not even started making my payments yet and my MPG dropped to 35. Called Honda to complain and waiting on a call back.

Now I'm even more nervous since reading about this IMA light problem. I purchased a bumper to bumper til 93k but I don't feel like dealing with it. I had a Volvo before this and wish I didn't switch!

Bought my 2009 Civic hybrid

Bought my 2009 Civic hybrid a few weeks ago. Haven't even started making the payments and my MPG has dropped to 35.

Called Honda and waiting to hear what they have to say. I have a 5 year warranty but I don't even want the car anymore!

I bought my 2009 hybrid 1

I bought my 2009 hybrid 1 year ago from the dealer. I have 59000 miles. It is a Honda certified vehicle and has a warranty but my check engine light came on and then about 2 minutes later the IMA light came on. Took it to the dealer next morning they gave me a software upgrade and told me I was all good. I drove about 1/2 mile down the road and BOTH lights came back on. I turned around going back to the service department and they now tell me I need a new IMA battery. I am lucky because it is under warranty. My gas mileage is not what I would have hoped. 35 HW 34 city. I am not impressed with the car.

My wife and I bought a Honda

My wife and I bought a Honda certified used 09 Civic Hybrid with 38,000 miles on it. Everything was great for the first tank of gas, we got 45 mpg. The next tank of gas it dropped to 35 mpg. The third tank we were down to 26-27 mpg. Took it in to the dealer and they did a software update. It didn't change the mileage. Since then we have been back to the dealer numerous times and still no solution. Honda America basically said go screw yourself. I am SO disappointed with this car. We have had it a few months now and it is getting 26-27 mpg. I could have kept my SUV and gotten the same or better out of it. This car totally sucks and I will NEVER by another Honda hybrid. I tell every person I run into not to purchase a Honda hybrid. I am still debating on whether I want to go through the trouble of taking Honda to small claims court. A class action lawsuit isn't the answer. Nothing gets back to us the owners. Each of us needs to take them to small claims court. I would be willing to bet all of sudden something will get done with these cars at that point.