I got a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid.i am the 4th owner of the car and the car has 110 k mies on it.Recently i met with an accident.I sent my car to the auto body repair and it was given back to me after a week.barely 2 days into driving it after the accident i got the Check engine light on along with the IMA light.So i went back to my auto body repair shop to show it to them.They took my car in and after 30 mins came back to tell me that they have cleared that alarm and the light went off.They said they couldn't decipher where and how this light came from and when it comes back ,they told me to get it back to the and show them..Its been almost 2 weeks and almost 500 miles the light hasn't cone out.Does it mean all is well and that initial light came on due to the accident and now that the alarm was cleared it will not come OR was it that they completely disconnected/disable that LIGHT just so that i dont come back to them,since they know its their fault but dont want to pay for that repair.....

I had read on this forum that even if u clear that alarm LED ,it comes back after driving say around 150-200 miles.But my car has already done 500 miles and still the LED hasn't come back.Now if it comes back ,it will not be easy to go back to them and complain or blame them for this.

Before the accident everything was fine with the car and the light never came on...

Also about 2 months back, i got a mailer from HONDA CAR company that my car needed an important product update ,which was not completed.it said the vehicle's engine control module can misinterpret readings from various sensors.And if this happens the check engine light on the panel may illuminate and stay on...so the want me to go to honda car dealer and get it updated free of cost...

Are the two situations related ??? Do you think this update can help?? I FEAR THAT with this update if the light turns on , i will have to change the hybrid battery (which usually is the case) and the battery is pretty expense..Almost 4.5 K .its definitely not worth it for such an old car....

Pls help