+ Reply to Thread

Expensive Air Filter

Anyone know why the air filter for the Escape Hybrid is so damn expensive? $45 or more for an air filter is ridiculous. I looked at mine and could see nothing special about it.

In searching the web for a replacement I noticed that several models say they can be cleaned and reused. Has anyone tried this with the stock ford filter? My model is a 2003.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

They didn't make the hybrid

They didn't make the hybrid till the 05 model year, so just what vehicle are you talking about ?
    The Motorcraft FA-1772 engine air filter lists at $ 24.98 and sell for $19.98
    The Motorcraft FP-51 electronics air conditioner filter is priced the same.

Ken I have an 08 FEH and I

Ken

I have an 08 FEH and I take out the battery filter and vaccumn it. It works just fine after 3 years.

My Escape is a 2006 and I

My Escape is a 2006 and I found out that Advance Auto Parts was tying to pull a fast one by selling me the $40+ dollar version rather than the $10.95 Fram that Oriely's sold me.

Buy a K&N permanent filter

Buy a K&N permanent filter and then you dont have to replace it, you just have to clean it every 50k miles

I agree. Green reusable air

I agree. <a href=http://discountautotruckaccessories.com/green-air-filter/>Green reusable air filters </a> increase power, prolong engine life and improve fuel economy. Other than paying out more claims to interchange your air filter every several months and dealing in the hassle of installing an air filter, these lifetime air filters simply need to have a good cleaning, and they’ll be ready to go again. Good for the environment.