+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's the difference between dealership workshop and independent repair shop?

Due to Toyota recall news, many car owners like me must worry about the car safety and quality. To find a reliable repair shop is very important and necessary. Toyota Dealership Service means professional and stable quality, except its price. As well as dealer workshops in quality, it is worth to select an independent repair shop which owns repair know-how and reliable scan tools such as pq-TLS but with very competitive price. To take models to independent repair shops is my first choice after warranty. Do you have the same comment? If so, how do you select repair shops for your car? Could you share any tips?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I go to the dealer until the

I go to the dealer until the warrenty runs out. Then I take it to a shop I trust. If I think they start trying to screw me....

Like on a service they tell me my belt needs replaced, I have it replaced, and then 3 months later at the next service, they tell me t needs replaces again...

Then I move on to someone else.

There are quite a few Priii

There are quite a few Priii here in Buffalo, NY. Enough that several of the local car repair shops have sent their mechanics to hybrid school, and stocked the necessary tools.

I trust my local mechanic (who likes the donuts I bring every visit) far more than I trust some dealership mechanic.

I have 4 HOV sticker Prius

I have 4 HOV sticker Prius for sale now in NEW CONDITION.
    If anyone want, call me 951-681-2101

What is the name of the

What is the name of the mechanic(s)?

I took the advice of the

I took the advice of the auto insurance agent who helped me pick my insurance, he told me to go for a not too expensive repair shop in my neighborhood. He deals with various car repair claims each day so he knew where i could find the best auto maintenance services and prices in my area.

dealership costs more but do

dealership costs more but do a perfect job while independent shops are cheaper but do little repair. But you can find a repair shop that specializes on your car. I heard good thing about them.

dealership costs more but do

dealership costs more but do a perfect job while independent shops are cheaper but do little repair. But you can <a href=http://www.automd.com/shops/>find a repair shop</a> that specializes on your car. I heard good thing about them.

i think you are right

i think you are right

Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks for clearing that up. very useful for me.